d-nice88 Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 I was wondering if anyone knows any good 6x9 components out there I need some for the rear of my car I have coaxials right now and was looking to upgrade any suggestions?
Noel989 Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 I don't think I've seen 6x9 components, only coaxials Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
RainStryke Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 Have a few questions: How much are you looking to spend? What do you have now? Do you have a preferred impedance? What amplifier is going to power this?
SIDE SHOW Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 make a adapter plate for your coaxil speakers and mount them in the rear, get yourself a nice pair of 6.5"splits for the front
Marquisboys Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 If you want to spend some money and have some good power going to those speakers I had very good luck with Image Dynamic 6x9. Those speakers had some really good sound to them. Very full and natural sounding. 2004 Grand MarquisAA Mayhem 18Crescendo 3500d6.5's AQ Pro AudioAQ Super TweetsImage Dynamics 6x9Soundqubed 125.4MB Quart 80.4144.2 db GONZO 2013 Chrysler 300S Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior Inferno Red Interior 5.7 HEMI AWD LMI Air Hammer Intake Corsa exhaust Custom Tune
SIDE SHOW Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 think infinity make a 6x9 component set too.......
RainStryke Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 Well, RE Audio makes one: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_60553_RE-Audio-XXX-6.9C.html
d-nice88 Posted October 7, 2014 Author Report Posted October 7, 2014 I wasnt looking to spend outrageous money on some 6x9's I might just get some adapter plates and just get some mb quart refrence 6.5 components I was just trying to see if I could find some decent budget friendly 6x9 components I seen the kicker cs 6x9 components just not to sure. Right now I have some kenwood coaxials in the back with a lanzar mnx 460 ( lil cheap amp) but im about to get a soundstream 5 channle amp
MeenGreenAudio Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 ive had the res and i loved them one of the best component 6x9s ever but why not just make an adapter to 6.5 and get some 6.5 inch components i think they sound better with midrange sound and there are many more that you can choose from i want to apologize im still waking up just noticed that the post above pretty much said the same thing Build Log 1996 chevy suburban 2 zv4 15 kenwood excelon mids and tweeters kenwood excelon deck mevhman 370 3 batts all different mechman avmb II 2 inch squat 33 inch muds straight pipes kixker zx series 4ch sundown amps memphis 0 gauge soon to be fu audio c pillar wall
bcbrassard Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 Those RE's don't look to bad. and a decent price. I think CDT makes some too. Depending on budget and if your wanting to stick with 6x9s look into hertz & focal if you want great sounding speakers.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.