Krakin Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 This is a research done to determine the median lifetime earnings of the top 80 majors along with drop-outs and high-school diploma/GED. For the people that are getting ready to attend college in the next spring semester, or are a bit wary about their current discipline this chart will help you if you don't feel comfortable with what you will be looking at to earn. I am also promoting the top 9 or 10 places as they are all engineering based along with the current high demand of engineers it is a great major to look into. It is also to promote at the very least some college, it has been proven again and again that no matter your degree you are more likely to retain your job and have a higher standard of income. However, the most important factor in determining a major is not earnings, it is if you like it or not. If you don't like what you are in whether it be engineering or art history, find something that you can enjoy. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Jessica Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 is that chart saying that highschool drops outs tend to only make 500k over their whole life? Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Krakin Posted October 13, 2014 Author Report Posted October 13, 2014 is that chart saying that highschool drops outs tend to only make 500k over their whole life? High-school diploma is on there, college drop-outs is right above that. This is also the median of ALL people with a education reaching high-diploma/GED. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
OrionStang Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 Numbers seem low top to bottom. Even if I make only $50k a year, thats $1,000,000 in 20 years. Pretty sure those engineers are clearing 6 figures and work for more than twenty years, comes to more than the chart shows, I would think. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Borris The Blade Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 I'm not sure how these charts work. I have a high school diploma and I've already made more the the lifetime earnings 10 years after high school. It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.
Jessica Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 is that chart saying that highschool drops outs tend to only make 500k over their whole life? High-school diploma is on there, college drop-outs is right above that. This is also the median of ALL people with a education reaching high-diploma/GED. i dont think you read my question correctly, i was trying to make the same point Ken did. 500k would be 10k a year for 50 years. i suppose if you look back at min wage for the last 50 years that would make sense to only pull down 500k in 50 years. but if this is projected then i think i am going to call bulshit. $8 = 16k/year for 40 hour guys, and 50x16k is $800,000. consider wages always go up slighty over the years with inflation then in 50 years min wage would be more than $8 and of course the lifetime earning will go up. More info is needed with this chart Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Krakin Posted October 13, 2014 Author Report Posted October 13, 2014 I believe they may be slightly low as-well, but you have to remember that not everyone is willing to give out this information. You have to also remember how many people end up with the degree and then do nothing with it or get a job unrelated. Here is the original research article: http://www.hamiltonproject.org/papers/major_decisions_what_graduates_earn_over_their_lifetimes/ For this graph to be done they also have to get information from people who have already completed all or most of their work of their lives. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Lbox88 Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 Keep in mind: A. Geographic location is going to effect your personal numbers in comparison to others B. Skilled trades as far as I saw were not primarily included, only college degrees and what others have stated about no numbers based on increases over time, inflation, etc. EDIT: And what I mean by A, I would love to get the wages for my degree in say... Washington or California, but continue to live right where I am. Cost of living factors in heavily to your rate. What is 60K here could be north of 100k easily in Kommiefornia, but my nice house here would instead be a shithole there. UBL | Build Log
Krakin Posted October 13, 2014 Author Report Posted October 13, 2014 double post. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Krakin Posted October 13, 2014 Author Report Posted October 13, 2014 Another thing to account for in this is inflation. When these people started their careers 25-30 years ago it was much less pay rates. This is a large amount of time to look at and get great short time information from. I wouldn't feel to untrustworthy of the information due to the source I was sent this from was the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.