Second Skin Audio

New sa8's sitting at home! New box time.

pk222

14" of port is not figured with aeroports. The 14" is if he is using a slot port. When using an aeroport you should try to keep it from 8-12sqin of port per cube for daily, can be more for spl. If it were me I would use both 3" ports. I would make the box 1.5 cubes after displacement and do the two 3's. Each 3" port is 7.07 sqin so two is 14.14, and if you divide port area by box volume that would give you 9.42sqin of port per cuft. This is about as perfect as it gets for a daily setup ratio using aeros. Mine right now is 2.8 cubes with 2 4" aeros. A 4" port is 12.56sqin, so 2 is 25.12sqin. When the math is done it comes out to be 8.97sqin per cube. Btw my setup numbers arein the sig if you're wondering how it works.

Oh yeah, I wanted to add that every box I've built since 2008 has been with an aeroport so I've got some experience with them.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Hmmm... I'm gonna have to buy a whole sheet of mdf anyway.. Maybe I'll try both since I'll have lots of left over wood.

With aeros I'd have to port on the side or do external. The box will only be 10-12 in deep

• 4 weeks later...

Long time but figured I'd throw in an update. Just finished making a box with the aeros. Can't wait to hear it them. After bending over the last couple hours running wires and mounting the subs.. Backs to messed up to lift it in the car alone haha. Thought you guys would get a laugh out of that. Should be in and playing by tomorrow

image.jpg

Test fit.

I got the subs in and playing now. It sounds good so far. Im playing them easy for now letting them brake in. I need to find a way to mount it. Haven't figured out a way yet since I only have carpet and cardboard under it. I'm carpeting once Ive figured out how I'm mounting the box and if I'm gonna move around my amps.

Looks good. The only thing I would suggest is to flip the box so the ports fire towards the driver's side of the vehicle. It should be louder that way, but if you like it the way it is then that's cool too.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I actually had to flip the box over so the ports are on the driver side lol. It rattles pretty bad now so I'm gonna try aiming foreward the next day I have off.

I made the box a little to big so I have to leave it where it is. I wanted it to fit deeper in the trunk but it's about an inch off.

At first just the license plate braket was rattling.. I need to order a dd1 to properly set my gains so bass boost is at 0 and gain is about 1/2.. Holy shit!!! For 2 8's this is insane. I turned it up on a song that peaked and my dome light rattled so much I thought I broke something. I am definitely happy with the results of my install. I'll try to post some videos tomorrow.

Archived