Jump to content

mid range or mid bass ?


d-nice88

Recommended Posts

Posted

:nothingtoadd:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Posted

Whoops sry bout that I meant to say what would complement the 15's in the trunk the best mid range or mid bass ?

You don't want midrange or mid bass in the trunk, it should be inside the cabin area.

Posted

^@paralyzed lol! I would think he was talking about what would sound better to compliment the 15s in the trunk! I wouldn't think he would put mid bass or mid range in the trunk

lmao

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Posted

^@paralyzed lol! I would think he was talking about what would sound better to compliment the 15s in the trunk! I wouldn't think he would put mid bass or mid range in the trunk

lmao

I know that's what he means, but after that first post I couldn't help myself! lol

Posted

LOL. To make a good sounding setup, you need kinda need both sir ... Not one or the other ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Mid bass is like an 8" woofer from 100-600hz and mid range is like a 5 1/4 from 600-6000hz.

So you need both. Both compliment the woofer.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

If you don't have anything bigger than a 6 1/2 in your system a mid bass speaker will help.

Posted

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger shitstorm by now.

OP, you're going to need to cover both those frequency ranges. Can you give examples of what you mean by midbass and by midrange?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1051 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...