Sundown Audio

Thoughs on CT Sounds 4000.1

crownvicon28s

No complaints at all with the 1400.1, only complaint is the LEDs in it are blue! (my ride is red and black) It is from the second batch they had so yeah maybe they worked out some bugs by the time they had more of them build, who knows, but yeah no issues with my 1400. Oh the customer service is really good too, I'm going to a DC 5k tho soon to match my new sub

So you think the second batch of amps and brand new amps are better?

I don't know for sure but I'm just guessing that by the second batch (no idea what batch their on now) that they probably worked out issues they knew needed to be fixed. Not sure about the new ones, I have heard people have issues with the bigger amps tho, but also have heard all of good, lil someone said earlier they are a newer company so probably just working out the kinks, but yeah no complaints at all with my 1400

Just wanted to let you guys know those amps are junk because two amps I had that are not the same blew in my ride. Also all sundown subs suck because I knew a guy who had to recone his. Insert sarcasm here. Only one person with actual experience with the 4k has chimed in. Fail thread is fail

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

The vast majority of the stuff out there is just cookie cutter designs from China/Korea. I chuckle at the people who say "work all the bugs out" of these amps. The only thing new about any of this stuff is the heatsink and logo. At the end of the day, all this stuff is the same re-hashed designs coming out of 2 or 3 factories, and about the only thing that separates them is price and customer support.

What OP should be asking himself is "can I afford to pay a little more for products from a company who will be able to eat some losses and still stay in business if they get a bad batch of amps from the far east?"

Ran the 4000.1 at .5 & 1ohm. Never had any problems, heating up wasn't an issue either. Friend of mine is it now, 2 bank of caps, no high out alt and still runs fine. Can't wait for the new amps.. They look damn good. Better than MTech build house.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

What are you guys thoughs on this amp? Does it do rated? Any info would be appreciated.

My thoughts? Garbage. I have heard more failures about that amp than any other amp on the market, period. May as well set your money on fire now.

Check out something like the SQ3500.1 or DD M4 if you want something that does rated power and is reliable.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Archived