Battery Bank Wiring Diagram (Thoughts?)

If you are running a 500 watt system you don't need 3 1/0 wire's. The wire was built for 300....in a short that fuse would pop and prevent the wire from trying to carry much more amp's.

No it's fused. Fuses are more for wire protection than equipment protection. They typically won't blow fast enough to protect equipment.

What he said. The fuses on your amp protect the amp itself. You are protecting your wire and batteries(if the short is really bad)

If you are running a 500 watt system you don't need 3 1/0 wire's. The wire was built for 300....in a short that fuse would pop and prevent the wire from trying to carry much more amp's.

Was just using the 500 watts as an example if you were to wire/fuse to high....

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

no dangers in using wire that is too big. Except if you try to cram it into a tiny terminal on an amp and you have stray wires all over the place.

I hear you get more power if those stray negative and positive wires are touching.....

haha

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

No it's fused. Fuses are more for wire protection than equipment protection. They typically won't blow fast enough to protect equipment.

What he said. The fuses on your amp protect the amp itself. You are protecting your wire and batteries(if the short is really bad)
If fuses on an amp blow chances are that amp took some minor damage before the fuses blew.

Wiring should be as follows for best safety precautions

Alt --> + wire fused near alt --> front battery --> fuse --> + wire --> fuse --> rear battery --> fuse --> amp.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

You should fuse for your current demands/ capabilities without exceeding the wire current carrying capabilities no reason to fuse any higher. What's the point in fusing the run for 300 amps if you're only drawing 100 amps through it?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You should fuse for your current demands/ capabilities without exceeding the wire current carrying capabilities no reason to fuse any higher. What's the point in fusing the run for 300 amps if you're only drawing 100 amps through it?

This is what I was getting at with my example above. My last setup, I had a 3k amp running off of a stock alt and two batts (1 group 31). I had 1/0 fused at 300 amps. Now, was I pulling 300 amps with that setup? Hell no. So if there was a short with the current running through that line, it would have to be large enough to pop that fuse. Let's say I was only pulling 150 amps through that wire. Even though that wire has the capability to pull 300 amps, wouldn't it be better to fuse it at 175 or maybe 200 so if there was a short, the fuse would go immediately possibly preventing any damage to equipment?

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Archived