Second Skin Audio

how do you figure out box rise?

noobslayer77

If you're curious about what impedance does at different frequencies, here's a sweep I did on mine:

BoximpedanceSweepwithPhase_zpsf79c1e98.j

As you can see impedance and phase change drastically with frequency.

Good if your competing and need the exact impedance at a certain frequency but as mentioned above, not necessary for daily bumping.

BTW this plot above changes even more with:

-window open

-windows open

-door open

-doors open

-empty passenger seat

-full passenger seat

-closed air vents

-sun visors down

-etc.....

You could sweep your impedance at one point in time but chances are later down the road, with different conditions, it will be different.

For ease of use and convenience I'd highly suggest the IMSG, awesome tool in one package.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

As strangeduck said I ignore them all the time... Its not like there is only one a day.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I would call having a legitimate question and asking on our forum would be " interactive research". If you have the knowledge but dont want to help people then stay off the threads of people asking for help.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Impedance rise is a concern if you need to conjugate it out to present a flat load to a passive network or if you believe you can add additional amplifier channel in the form of bridging based on a higher impedance and thus lower current demand at a particular burp frequency. For all other matters it is data worth nothing and I suggest you look at group delay instead.

Having said that, a simple current meter, volt meter, known resistance and a track of test tones will allow you to create a simple spreadsheet showing impedance with very little money spent. If you are concerned with impedance over 100hz, various testing tools such as the LMS I use, sound easy, Dayton audio tester, Clio and others exist at small to significant investment.

ShadowStar

Impedance rise is a concern if you need to conjugate it out to present a flat load to a passive network or if you believe you can add additional amplifier channel in the form of bridging based on a higher impedance and thus lower current demand at a particular burp frequency. For all other matters it is data worth nothing and I suggest you look at group delay instead.

Having said that, a simple current meter, volt meter, known resistance and a track of test tones will allow you to create a simple spreadsheet showing impedance with very little money spent. If you are concerned with impedance over 100hz, various testing tools such as the LMS I use, sound easy, Dayton audio tester, Clio and others exist at small to significant investment.

ShadowStar

Thanks ShadowStar

Or, AGAIN, if you want to know, get a SIG GEN and run it...lol. god....

Archived