Second Skin Audio

how do you figure out box rise?

noobslayer77

I want to know more about group delay. Heard it before but haven't done much research. Maybe when I get home from work tonight.

Instead of doing research you could just ask a question and tell the first person that gives you information to fuck off.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I want to know more about group delay. Heard it before but haven't done much research. Maybe when I get home from work tonight.

Instead of doing research you could just ask a question and tell the first person that gives you information to fuck off.

fuck off

It sounds like you're implying that is what happened here and you could not be more wrong.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Op still has yet to answer why he cares.

I've said it several times in this thread that i was just curious about it and wanted to learn more. I also said that i'm not planning on competing and was just curious. Also i said that i was just curious about it.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Lol, still wasn't picking you apart. Taking it to personal.

You posted asking about box rise which if you had researched you would have learned that the correct term is impedance rise. Yes a box can alter it no it does not create it. The movement of the speaker creates it. So your post didn't show any sign of research. Research also should have brought you to the smd tools as one can help determine impedance rise.

Oh and I'm sorry that I didn't catch the miss spelling of the word you're. I must have made a common mistake and mussed the e so spell checked thought it was suppose to be your instead.

If you read the first post in this thread it asks about box/impedance rise. I have done enough research to know that the impedance fluctuates at different frequencies in a given enclosure. and just recently, due to someone actually posting something useful, i learned that many things in addition to enclosure can affect impedance rise such as door open, window open, etc.

I'm not posting about running 1 or 2 ohm ohm stable amps at .5 ohm, having someone tell me you can do it, but shouldnt, and then posting another thread about running at low impedance. I"m also not posting about what the hole in the back of the magnet on a subwoofer is. Even though, despite what many of you experts think, these are legitimate questions, because not everyone was born knowing everything. And sometimes when you spend hundreds of dollars on equipment, you'd rather ask a professional who has been at this for decades and get a direct concise answer in an hour or so, than spending hours perusing through the bullshit that any idiot can write on the internet.

Also, maybe another typo, but there is a difference between to and too.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Lol, still wasn't picking you apart. Taking it to personal.

You posted asking about box rise which if you had researched you would have learned that the correct term is impedance rise. Yes a box can alter it no it does not create it. The movement of the speaker creates it. So your post didn't show any sign of research. Research also should have brought you to the smd tools as one can help determine impedance rise.

Oh and I'm sorry that I didn't catch the miss spelling of the word you're. I must have made a common mistake and mussed the e so spell checked thought it was suppose to be your instead.

If you read the first post in this thread it asks about box/impedance rise. I have done enough research to know that the impedance fluctuates at different frequencies in a given enclosure. and just recently, due to someone actually posting something useful, i learned that many things in addition to enclosure can affect impedance rise such as door open, window open, etc.

I'm not posting about running 1 or 2 ohm ohm stable amps at .5 ohm, having someone tell me you can do it, but shouldnt, and then posting another thread about running at low impedance. I"m also not posting about what the hole in the back of the magnet on a subwoofer is. Even though, despite what many of you experts think, these are legitimate questions, because not everyone was born knowing everything. And sometimes when you spend hundreds of dollars on equipment, you'd rather ask a professional who has been at this for decades and get a direct concise answer in an hour or so, than spending hours perusing through the bullshit that any idiot can write on the internet.

Also, maybe another typo, but there is a difference between to and too.

You asked. I said. You made a "funny", or a stupid joke. I gave up then.

Then, it blew up.

You wanna do the DMM route, fine, do it. And when it shows you "this", what are you going to do with it?

Just to gain some insight? Cool. Good on you.

IF YOU REALLY GAF, about learning, get a sig gen (like i said on the SECOND POST) and go nuts. Then, ask questions AFTER that.

You just "wanting to know" is cool. Find some one with a SIG GEN, and go hang out with them, as my situation wont be yours.

I dont like the DMM method, but,.. it "can get you close".

So, go do it, and report back. Good luck again i say, go learn something, really. And im serious. Good luck. Its the part i love in this.

Also SLINKY

calm your tits... jesus.....

???

I am the calm one.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Archived