Sonic Electronix

Nikitaa typically suggests for noobs to run half ohm and be smart about it. It works for him and fantastic, there is nothing wrong with his first hand experience.

I won't suggest someone I DON'T know to run below rated impedance with shitty electrical. I don't want someone coming back and saying "you guys told me this would be fine and I fried my shit cause I'm stupid".

I don't typically suggest for all noobs to run .5. Just the noobs that seem to have strong enough electricalto run .5.

Also, whenever I do suggest it, I always let them know they're taking a risk and most likely going to have repercussions from that risk. (Voltage drop etc.)

On that note, how many people have I advised to run .5 that came back complaining that their shit is blown? Zero.

Shit it doesn't matter to me lol. Don't run half ohm and pay 2x more from the same wattage.

I'llsay one more time. Use some common sense. even if I was a noob and my sub woofer started smelling, I would definitely turn her down lol

Edit: for example, he has a 145 amp alt and an extra battery in the back. That amp will draw 250 amps MAX at half ohm.

He will go through his 145 amps and dip into battery voltage. I predict no lower than 12 volts... that won't harm the amp. At all.

I stand strong with the fact that I think his electrical is fine for a little 1500w amp at half ohm lol

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

in short man ( because there's more bickering then help) yes your amp can and will run just fine at .5 granted you have a electrical to back it up. if you're dropping into the 12s then no it's not worth it!

right now I'm running at .5 and it's fine. when i finally get my second 1400.1 back I'm debating on just saying f it and strap at .25 even tho the actual load will be closer to .4 so no biggie. or do

what i should and run each amp to each coil at 1ohm. not sure yet.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Nikitaa typically suggests for noobs to run half ohm and be smart about it. It works for him and fantastic, there is nothing wrong with his first hand experience.

I won't suggest someone I DON'T know to run below rated impedance with shitty electrical. I don't want someone coming back and saying "you guys told me this would be fine and I fried my shit cause I'm stupid".

I don't typically suggest for all noobs to run .5. Just the noobs that seem to have strong enough electricalto run .5.

Also, whenever I do suggest it, I always let them know they're taking a risk and most likely going to have repercussions from that risk. (Voltage drop etc.)

On that note, how many people have I advised to run .5 that came back complaining that their shit is blown? Zero.

Shit it doesn't matter to me lol. Don't run half ohm and pay 2x more from the same wattage.

I'llsay one more time. Use some common sense. even if I was a noob and my sub woofer started smelling, I would definitely turn her down lol

Edit: for example, he has a 145 amp alt and an extra battery in the back. That amp will draw 250 amps MAX at half ohm.

He will go through his 145 amps and dip into battery voltage. I predict no lower than 12 volts... that won't harm the amp. At all.

I stand strong with the fact that I think his electrical is fine for a little 1500w amp at half ohm lol

I didn't mean my reference to your suggestion of half ohm experience to be negative at all. You are always full disclosure with your experience and you give the warnings. Just wanted to clarify that I didn't mean anything negative by my comment.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I didn't mean my reference to your suggestion of half ohm experience to be negative at all. You are always full disclosure with your experience and you give the warnings. Just wanted to clarify that I didn't mean anything negative by my comment.
No worries man. I was having a difficult time determining plus I think I was still ranting a bit. Lol

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

i run a 750.1 at half ohm daily. i have two 270s and 9 batts. voltage is good.

rebuilding now though, two 18s arent cuttin it anymore. :shrug:

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

overkill electrical never hurt right...as long as you're not charging too high...reading and studying and building right so I only have to see electrical issues here on forums! in for positive knowledge. :unsure:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Overkill electrical never hurts. Unless you start clipping. My voltage is never over 14.8

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Overkill electrical never hurts. Unless you start clipping. My voltage is never over 14.8

Clipping is bad no matter what voltage though. Your post confuses my simple mind.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i never understood why people want to run .5 on a 1500 watt amp.. for a few bucks more you can get a 2500 watt amp and run it safely at 1 ohm

i wouldn't run .5 daily no matter what

the only way i would is if i have the biggest amp there is with nothing bigger to be had and im competing

for people wanting to buy small amps and run them at .5 to get a few extra watts why not just buy the next size amp?

Archived