sundownz

SA-8 v.3 In Development : Getting Close !

33 posts in this topic

Could be angle of the camera, but is the new surround thinner?

It's the angle ;) The new cone is steeper.

1 person likes this

Got a weird double post so I'm editing this one.

One of the other things I love about Sundown is just how incredible they are across their whole line. They don't phone it in or cut corners anywhere. Even entry level stuff is built to run long and hard. And they eat up power all day long. Every rating is short of capacity. Under promise and over deliver.

Thanks! I appreciate it :)

I'm ready. I've been hammering two V2s for 4-5 months and they are very stout. They hit clean from 50Hz down to 27Hz. Willing to bet V3s would make a significant difference.

Edited by repooc

It's awesome how you keep the consumers up to date with all the progress you are up to with testing new designs and such! Definitely sets Sundown apart from other companies.

So what is the 8" in the back of the first pic that does have the vent ring? :ph34r:

3 people like this

It's awesome how you keep the consumers up to date with all the progress you are up to with testing new designs and such! Definitely sets Sundown apart from other companies.

So what is the 8" in the back of the first pic that does have the vent ring? :ph34r:

looks like the x-8 with the triple stack magnet. could be wrong though! i cant wait for those x-8's to come!

edit: sorry thats a magnet boot not a triple stack but still looks like the triple stack just from comparing it to the magnet of the v3

Edited by gmoxley1

looks like the x-8 with the triple stack magnet. could be wrong though! i cant wait for those x-8's to come!

edit: sorry thats a magnet boot not a triple stack but still looks like the triple stack just from comparing it to the magnet of the v3

You are right; that is an X-8 back there.