DSP recommendations

I do not see a need for a processor in White Lightning having the Kenwood 9980.

But if I ever think it needs one ... it will be the Helix pro.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I do not see a need for a processor in White Lightning having the Kenwood 9980.

But if I ever think it needs one ... it will be the Helix pro.

i understand Randal..

and, im on board with the choice of the unit, if you go that route...

seems youve done some reading of your own. :)

We have a team member with Helix Pro in his Chevy Trailblazer.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Now if only that money tree out back would grow a $1000 real quick.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

whats the difference between the helix dsp and the zapco dsp z8 and the rf 360.3

look at the interface. One of the most important things in a dsp.

For me, its the Helix pro with the 32 band parametric equalizer. Nothing else comes close with their graphic equalizers ....

Thats the one ive been dick riding..

that,and i like the one from ARC also.....

just from what i see, read, hear.

edit - if i could afford a mosconi, i would..

but, that HELIX is the one im looking at hard,.... and im watching a unit from arc on some forums.....

I have the helix dsp (not the pro couldn't afford it) I will post some vids or pictures at least when I get my stuff in my car.

So check back with me in 2 years.

I have a 3sixty.2 I got used one that I like a lot, you could probably find one on caraudioclassifieds for a good deal. If you don't need the auto-eq stuff I would go for a minidsp. I'm running a minidsp 2x4 balanced on my hifi and I love it. For less than the price of any of the other processors you can get a decent processor and a nice measurement microphone you can use for setting EQs and crossovers.

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

I have a 3sixty.2 I got used one that I like a lot, you could probably find one on caraudioclassifieds for a good deal. If you don't need the auto-eq stuff I would go for a minidsp. I'm running a minidsp 2x4 balanced on my hifi and I love it. For less than the price of any of the other processors you can get a decent processor and a nice measurement microphone you can use for setting EQs and crossovers.

I thought the issue with the minidsp in a car audio application was the low output voltage? (I ask because I went away from it for that very reason but it seemed like it could be an attractive option.)

I had looked into amplifying the signal come from the minidsp with a headphone amp but decided against it because the cost was comparable when I looked at the supporting hardware I would need and complexity.

I thought the issue with the minidsp in a car audio application was the low output voltage? (I ask because I went away from it for that very reason but it seemed like it could be an attractive option.)

I had looked into amplifying the signal come from the minidsp with a headphone amp but decided against it because the cost was comparable when I looked at the supporting hardware I would need and complexity.

The standard minidsp does have a low voltage output, but the balanced version outputs 2Vrms. I had to go with the balanced for my hifi amp, you have to get or make some adapters to go from rca to the balanced phoenix connection, but it's really easy and there's plenty of stuff on the forums. I used these and it was basically plug and play: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G352P2C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

We have a team member with Helix Pro in his Chevy Trailblazer.

sucks i would guess?

:rofl:

It's definitely all that and a bag of chips 4 sure.

Very dangerous with a shit ton of class A/B power ...

Archived