Jump to content

head units with good reception?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm in search of that above stated. I have an alpine head unit now and it gets next to no reception; literally if I get 3 stations that's good lol. I have a Sony HU in my wifes car and it gets all the area surrounding stations. I don't like its features and don't want to run a Sony. You guys have any suggestions, $200ish budget

Posted

I run pioneer and I've never had a problem. I feel like pioneer is the choice of a lot of people right now.

Posted

If your oem antenna is amplified you may need an adapter for it to function properly with after market head unit. I have always had to use one on my Vw's.

Posted

Radio, whats that? LOL havent every selected the tuner since i put my 80-PRS in and that was over a year and a half ago. Dont even know if it works.

Posted

it may not be the head unit. its only as good as its antenna

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Also almost every aftermarket HID kit (except for a few) have really bad interference when they are turned on which is another thing to look out for.
Its really bad in my moms toyota with some DDM ballasts. Even if the vehicle is on or off, its a night and day difference from static to clear reception on many radio stations including one that is about 1/4 of a mile away from her house ( and the station broadcasts for a good 50miles. Its also a factory radio in the truck as well.

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 922 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...