Voltage jumping all over....

Just hook up the DMM next to your volt meter and see what the readings are....if the readings are different ditch the volt meter, save up for a better one...

Good idea, thanks!

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

my stinger meter is ok for now i just need a read out, the vm1 is nice but I'm not used to very tiny numbers to squint your eyes to see them.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

just adding to the rear battery it will help stable your voltage..

i would test the kinetik battery. it could be dead. disconnect it from the other battery and let it sit for a few hours then check with the dmm.. then take it to auto zone and have them load test it

just adding to the rear battery it will help stable your voltage..

i would test the kinetik battery. it could be dead. disconnect it from the other battery and let it sit for a few hours then check with the dmm.. then take it to auto zone and have them load test it

If it is dead, can I charge it, or is it shot? Come to think of it, it is over 3 years old now so that is a possibility.

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

my stinger meter is ok for now i just need a read out, the vm1 is nice but I'm not used to very tiny numbers to squint your eyes to see them.

That is kind of what I was thinking... VM-1 does not look very user friendly and for a $80 voltage meter, it should be lol.

I am going to put the DMM on it now that I am out of work. If the DMM jumps all over, I will take it as it's the batteries and start getting some bigger ones. If it stays steady, I will need another meter most likely and have a hole in my dash :/ One other thing, I have an UPS unit here that is BNIB, a very large one. Believe the battery is a 60Ah AGM inside it, will this work for the rear? Will put a bigger XS Power under the hood later, as I will eventually have about 3k worth of amps on my electrical...

A DMM that has MIN/MAX, is what i like...

that said.

If you want TIME to TIME metering, you will want analog.

Hense why everyone that speaks HIGHLY of the Damore meters.

The reason your 11 dollar meters you and "your buddies" have dont run away, is due to them not coming CLOSE to see the TRUE voltage.

To slow. :shrug:

Digital = SLOW in reaction time.

that said.

The reason your 11 dollar meters you and "your buddies" have dont run away, is due to them not coming CLOSE to see the TRUE voltage.

Never knew there was much of a difference between digital an analog.... learn something new everyday! Other peoples digitals aren't the model of accuracy but stay fairly stable when compared to mine. Have heard of Damore meters, are they really pricey as well? Just seems like such a simple thing to spend a ton on lol

that said.

Actually, seeing that the D Amore are in fact the VM-1. I do see some other brand analog meters that look pretty nice, for around $30. How can one tell the difference between a good meter and a slow meter? Other than brand name and insane price? lol

Archived