Second Skin Audio

Are my subs and enclosure good for each other?

zagfuchs

Hello all, its been a while since I have posted on here, but I am finally working my way back into things. I managed to get my hands on some new equipment and wanted to see what you guys thought. More specifically I wanted to know if the enclosure that I got my subs in is a suitable home or if there would be a need to upgrade in the future. So a little background info, this is going in the trunk of a 99 Nissan Altima, the subs are a pair of Kicker 07CVR122 and they are in a ported box. I listen mostly to rap and metal/hard rock music, this will be a daily driver setup. Please see below for the dimensions of the enclosure

The box is 30 1/8 wide x 13 3/4 tall x 17 5/8 deep

The port is 12 1/4 tall x 2 3/8 wide x 13 1/4 deep

The front baffle is 1" thick and the rest of the box is 3/4" thick

I tried to put the numbers into the calculators on The 12 Volt and I think its roughly a 3.3 cu ft box tuned to 37 hz. I am by no means an expert, that's why I am here asking y'all. Do you think this enclosure is suitable for my subs or should I look into a different enclosure for the future?

It'll do fine for now even though it is most likely tuned in the low 40's, as long as your happy with it then that is all that matters really.

Now if you upgrade to better subs then i would have a new box built and tuned for them.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Thanks for the input. I have not heard these subs in this box, I have heard the subs in a different box and the box with different subs and they both sounded good on their own. I just wanted to make sure they weren't totally incompatible with each other and figure out if I did the math correct in figuring out what the box is tuned to.

Seems legit.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

Hello all, its been a while since I have posted on here, but I am finally working my way back into things. I managed to get my hands on some new equipment and wanted to see what you guys thought. More specifically I wanted to know if the enclosure that I got my subs in is a suitable home or if there would be a need to upgrade in the future. So a little background info, this is going in the trunk of a 99 Nissan Altima, the subs are a pair of Kicker 07CVR122 and they are in a ported box. I listen mostly to rap and metal/hard rock music, this will be a daily driver setup. Please see below for the dimensions of the enclosure

I tried to put the numbers into the calculators on The 12 Volt and I think its roughly a 3.3 cu ft box tuned to 37 hz. I am by no means an expert, that's why I am here asking y'all. Do you think this enclosure is suitable for my subs or should I look into a different enclosure for the future?

Going by your dimensions and considering displacements, the box is about 2.8 net @ 39Hz, that's really small and port area is also low, it MAY do since you don't listen to low tuned music like rap and such so:

TEST it.

But you will find even in the manual that these subs are designed to work in larger enclosures, I would probably wouldn't do it less than 2 net per sub for a smaller box, subs on rated power. If you upgrade to different subs and amp a different box needs to be used.

Going by your dimensions and considering displacements, the box is about 2.8 net @ 39Hz, that's really small and port area is also low, it MAY do since you don't listen to low tuned music like rap and such so:

TEST it.

But you will find even in the manual that these subs are designed to work in larger enclosures, I would probably wouldn't do it less than 2 net per sub for a smaller box, subs on rated power. If you upgrade to different subs and amp a different box needs to be used.

I had to point out that I did mention I listen mostly to rap. I want to keep the subs, thats why I'm asking if the box will work. Can you put polyfill in a ported box to "make it appear bigger" like in a sealed box?

Archived