Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Kinda on the fence.


Go-N-Def

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok wait, let's back up here.

How much power?

How much space available?

What size/amount?

What's your budget?

What are your goals?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

Ok wait, let's back up here.

How much power?

How much space available?

What size/amount?

What's your budget?

What are your goals?

This

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Posted

Saz 3000

Ford explorer 03

Single 15

$500-$600

Loud with stupid lows. I am ashamed I abuse subs.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Posted

1 sub, I want the lows to be loud.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Posted

That's specifically what that sub was made for, give it a proper enclosure and you'll be a happy customer.

Posted

Saz 3000

Ford explorer 03

Single 15

$500-$600

Loud with stupid lows. I am ashamed I abuse subs.

Single 15 feels lonely in that big vehicle, 2 15s or 1 18 would make a meaningful difference in output rather than keep burning single 15s.

Posted

Joe that would be the next question 15 or 18. Is an 18 going to be much difference? I have had a dc xl 15 and the was the business I was great. I was planning a 15 because this is a family vehicle and my wife needs her junk. But I'm open to an 18.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Posted

Yes the 18 it's going make a worthy difference as long as it is a good one, pick one that can handle all the power you ever want to throw so you don't have to deal with burnouts. The mix of extra power and cone area, pretty sure you are going to feel that. 2 15s would be nice but the box may eat up more space than you are probably willing to give up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4563 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...