rocking.that.eclipse Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 Just sitting there thinking on my way back from class and with my windows both down full tilt i can play about 28 hz. Anything under that both windows open I unload. I'm wondering if I were to turn down the lc1 would the subs technically still be unloading at a lower volume or is the presence of power being put to them what causes them to unload?
dangaranga Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 Tuned in. Curious because I drop off hard anything below 27hz with both windows down. But with drivers window up, it'll play to 25ish Brandon 2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4 System: welding wire throughout the truck USalts 390amp Hairpin Juicebox in stock location 8 Banks of maxwell supercaps 2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each 2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked) Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) 2001 2 door focus 1 DD9918 SC
Kyblack76 Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 You drop a window, impedance changes.... You are venting different... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
rocking.that.eclipse Posted November 4, 2014 Author Report Posted November 4, 2014 I have a 4th so tested and tuned till I got what I liked, dont really have a set number lol
will77530 Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 my guess is when you open your windows it effects the tuning of your enclosure making 28hz below your f3 point
rocking.that.eclipse Posted November 4, 2014 Author Report Posted November 4, 2014 I guess i'm asking that if i were to leave my windows both down and play something lower than 28 if i still am technically unloading at a lower volume
noobslayer77 Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 how can you tell if your subs are unloading? 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
revoracing247 Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 is it just if they mechanically start leaving the gap? because before at that frequency they would be fine from back pressure in the enclosure but with the changes made there now isn't any back pressure provided by the enclosure so it mechanically overexerts. im interested as well to get clarification ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.