94 GMC Serria Z71 Trailmaster

Can't blame the kid for wanting HIDs. One thing about all the GMT 400 headlights is that no matter what you do to the stock ones they still suck. Good lookingwtruck!

Well he got the HIDs and Led to work last night. It was the blinker bulbs or something. Not my wiring so i had to apologies for dissing his lights. Just glad they work. I think i will get him window tinting for xmass. Thats what he said he wanted. It already has a autostart & alarm. Price out Singer alt, $450 for 275A so i told him the electrical is first. Alt, Big 3, extra battery up front before we do anything else.

It is a sweet truck.

• 1 year later...

So Stock HU in son truck is dying and for his Birthday i got him a new CZ702 and wiring harness to install. It will be running off stock speakers until this summer when he can put some equipment together. I run the 80-PRS so it will be interesting to see the difference. I believe this HU will make a good platform for starting his system.

IMG_2335_zpso63eyrmx.jpg

IMG_2337_zps9sx8yqjl.jpg

I will take pics of install and give a review of HU after its installed. This will be a super slow build, but a build none the less. Busy with my system and the wifes once i get the garage organized to pump out some work.

Man I believe those square body Chevy and gmc may have been the best trucks ever built. Tuned in to this one.

Thanks, my boy is 24 and loves the truck. It will be a slow build but it will be worth it in the end. We have painted some emblems, changed out headlights to LEDs, minor repairs. More to come...

• 1 year later...

Well after having the stock system in his truck for ever now the son is looking to spend his tax return on some equipment. He has decided an all Sundown build, i knew he wanted 4 v2 8's under the back seat powered by a Sundown 2000 watt amp.

So he wants the 100.4 to run door speakers and kick panel speakers.

HU Clarion 702z (have but not installed)

Dash speakers i was thinking the SA-2.75RF off HU power

Doors SA-5.25cx ch 1 & 2 from 100.4 amp Comps would be ok too.

Kick panels 8" v2 3 & 4 from 100.4 amp.

rear speakers Sa-5.25cx off HU rear.

He needs a bunch of deadener and wiring to do a weekend tear down to prep for system. Large enough job that he is unmotivated to buy up a piece at a time to get a pile of goodies. He has about 2k for a budget and i told him that we could get everything but subs and amp. Plus HO alt and extra battery.

Goal is too get a system in and running then add power and sub stage this summer.

Any thoughts on the equipment list?

WHy not do a center console box. It would be way easier. And you could can that console that's in there

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

WHy not do a center console box. It would be way easier. And you could can that console that's in there

Good idea, i will pass on the idea but He uses the console and like the under the seat box idea. His build, i will do it the way he wants, i am not really for the all Sundown build but thats what he wants too. Just trying to get some bonding time in with him.

If it where up to me, i would run a nice passive (possible active) 3-way set up for front stage. Like PPI, focal, ect on some power and be done with it. Mids & highs in the dash with midbass in the doors. He has a set of Q-logic kicker panels that he wants me to fiberglass up for 8" midbass. But i don't care for the Neo Pro V2's but thats all Sundown has to offer. Not sure how good they would be for midbass as its a pro audio speaker.

Holy fuck man. Is that your sons first vehicle? I hope he keeps it cherry. Very interesting door panels from the factory, never seen that before.

Tuned in! Love watching your builds

Holy fuck man. Is that your sons first vehicle? I hope he keeps it cherry. Very interesting door panels from the factory, never seen that before.

Tuned in! Love watching your builds

No this is his 4th vehicle, he has had a 95 Toyota Camery XLE that we trick out. 94 Tahoe, 95 chevy ext cab and then he got this a couple years ago. It is a Trailmaster package so i believe from the deal they went straight to a customization shop for this look.

So hopefully the pulls the trigger so i can get some pics up of this build this yr. Otherwise i will continue working on the Lancer & Malibu.

Archived