Jump to content

Dissapointed with install..come in with some suggestions guys im all ears.


Chris Hammer

Recommended Posts

Posted

When using kick pods your low end will be non existent, it is best to use the doors to achieve a good low end sound cause trying to get the kicks to work will be much harder and require a lot more work to sound good. Sound deadening and prepping the doors make a huge difference in how well they sound and perform.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

Yeah, that ^^^.

Especially with Q-forms. Most component sets will sound best infinite baffle, like in a door. They struggle to produce decent bass in small spaces.

Static drops are my bag.

Posted

the kicks are not enclosed but might as well be because they are up against another surface. I wanted to do door...actually I wanted to do several mids from PE and a few vifa tweets active but he didn't want to fiberglass or cut into the doors. Maybe if I can get him to get some door panels from a junkyard he will do it. Thanks for the input guys.

in my personal vehicle I have kicks and they seem to have more midbass than my doors but they are fiberglassed and sealed.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

When using kick pods your low end will be non existent, it is best to use the doors to achieve a good low end sound cause trying to get the kicks to work will be much harder and require a lot more work to sound good. Sound deadening and prepping the doors make a huge difference in how well they sound and perform.

This is kind of what I was thinking. The q-logic kicks are great for midrange/tweeter imaging but some properly treated doors will do about 5X better for 60-120hz. I didn't want to say it first because I've always only used my kicks for midrange, but the small bit of testing I did showed they're lackluster down low even after you deaden and stuff them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 914 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...