Sundown Audio

Banda ICE 2.5k, 2ohm?

AstoSoup

I may try one for shits and giggles.

Make that will be.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Nooo. Not at all the reason.

The way they design the amps is that they realize most people will have a battery or two in the back, near the amp. So the length between the rear battery and the amp isn't that long, a few feet at most.

Doesn't take a huge wire to move that current a few feet. That's why you see korean amps that have huge, multiple inputs, like triple inputs. They assume we're all doing 6 runs or whatever straight from the front battery or alternator all the way back to the amp for some reason. That's the only purpose of having big inputs, to reduce the voltage drop from carrying all that current over long distances.

Anything after that, inside the amp, it all simply gets reduced to copper traces.

Good point. That explains Soundstreams same design with the 4ga. inputs, as well as the AB's and SQB's. My batteries are like 8" from the amp so I don't thing it will be an issue. I won't even buy new wire, just run the 6000 strand 1/0 OFC with a reducer :) Thanks for the input, at this point, the Banda seems like my best bet!

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Cool man. Let us know how you like it whenever you get around to getting one.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Not sure how the technology works with that, honestly. All I know is it is something that comes with these types of amplifiers, Banda/Taramps/MMATs, etc.

They are even rated like that. Look in the ratings and you'll see that every time the ohm load doubles, the wattage output doesn't half. It'll drop, of course, but not as much as the Koreans/Chinese amplifiers would with the traditional tech.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

soundstreams design is not the same its that way because it doesn't make shit for power

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

soundstreams design is not the same its that way because it doesn't make shit for power

Lol, never owned one except the old school Rubicons or whatever (the blue ones). Wasn't bad for a 2 channel, of course this was in like 99 so back then my expectations were much lower haha

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Archived