Ohio Generator alternators good output at idle?

to raise rpm on this vehicle only have to unplug negative for a bit and turn screw on throttle body so will cost nothing but a bit of my own time

i like the dc power hairpin but for 800 bucks holy moly pretty thick for my blood i can get pretty similar performance for almost half the cost it seems

dont really see any reason to spend another 350 bucks

i appreciate the advice but not sure anyone would get the other 1 unless they have plenty of money. I work for my money, I pay bills/rent

if i had alot of money id have my dc power hairpin on the way

lmao.. you will save those $350 plus more on fuel if you get any other alt that you dont have to mess with the idle to get it to turn on or to get decent power.. thats the part you dont get.. plus dc power is one of the expensive ones.. i have a 3g from mechman that does 240 amps at idle and 360a at 1800 rpm. its a 6 phase hairpin and cost me $519 when it came out.. messing with the screw will spend way too much fuel. the more air you let in the more fuel.. you might save now but the cost to run it will hurt you in the end. you do what you want but my logic is far better then adjusting a screw to make a car idle.

Singer is the answer then.... hell dual large case 240 amp 3g's could be had for $850ish...better idle output than all the other choices. Utilize that smog pump bracket.

No no no. Don't do SINGER..

I see, issues here. Go dc

yeah, Singer is only for guys that understand shit.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

mechman doesnt offer a hairpin for my application, wish he did

the idea is to use smog pump or ac location to keep the stock alternator in there will have a bracket made up early spring. stock alt max output is 130

with the gears in the car it only does 2300 engine rpms a 70 mph 5th gear

2k rpms at 30 mph 3rd gear

around 2k at 45 4th gear

2k engine rpm is a major sweet spot for the charging system

singers offering - For this application I do not have a hairpin style yet. The conventional version of this upgrade in the 3 phase is a 250A output (275A peak/ 140A idle @ at a 800 rpm rotor speed)

At around 2K rotor speed you would be seeing between 220-230A
The cost is $429 shipped with my lifetime warranty on labor and one year parts/labor warranty.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

mechman doesnt offer a hairpin for my application, wish he did

the idea is to use smog pump or ac location to keep the stock alternator in there will have a bracket made up early spring. stock alt max output is 130

arent you looking for a 3g? what car is it?

i have a g3 from mechman and its hairpin. it looks like this

P7791XXX__94579.1410926089.1280.1280.jpg

not only that but db drag bassrace max engine rpm in the lane is @ 2k rpm as well

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

miguel that isnt a hair pin thats a conventional as you can see by the windings inside the case

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Archived