Sonic Electronix

4000W Variable Dummy Load Bank

Just wanted to show off my project Ive been working on. First off, I would love to be able to buy an actual AD-1, but...well, it's just too damn expensive for me. Not saying it isn't worth it, I just can't afford it.

I already own an SMD AMM-1, I just don't always have a system in a vehicle to test amps on. That and I repair quite a few amps, and it's always good to have a way to load test them. Up to this point I was using some old ass JBL subs, but they just aren't cutting it. That and the wife doesn't exactly love all the noise in the basement. :) So I decided to buy some dummy load resistors. Problem is it's a pain the ass to have to keep wiring them in parallel, series, etc to get the correct load each time.

Soooo... I built this.

Let me know what you think.

I just want to make it clear I am not trying to undermine the AD-1 here. Hopefully this doesn't piss of Steve, Tony, Juan or anybody else. I am just making due with the funds I have to accomplish a similar goal.

It was also a fun project to learn a lot of stuff on, especially with the Arduino and coding. Like I said in the video, eventually I really want to be able to do 4 more resistors so I can do lower loads and more power. But funds were limited, and I actually have run out of digital outputs and inputs on the Arduino, so I would actually have to rebuild the whole circuit to work with a larger Arduino if I wanted to do anymore than what I have already done.

Pretty cool. How much does it cost to build something like this?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

This is awesome, great job man! Keep on developing, you have mad skills, don't let em go to waste :good::good::drinks:

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Great load bank. I run my test bench the same way you do with the radio mounted underneath teh bench along with teh battery.

I dont test anything above 1K watts so I went with the only manual switching method.

Great work!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/184973-the-resistor-bank-test-board-the-final-chapter/

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived