Help Me Be A Ground Pounder!

Depending on your definition of groundpounder. But a groundpounder usually has a LOT of cone area, usually in the form of a lot of smaller, cheaper subs. I'm not saying you can't pound the ground with 2 15's, but i would run like 4-6 12's in that trunk. Sorry if you dont classify your car this way, but thats for sure a donk, so youre probably going for the pop trunk kind of feel...so thats what i would do. Run about 2-3000 watts to those 4-6 12's and youll be bangin. Personally in my opinion the typical car system needs no more than 1k watts going to subs. Get a little more specific with what youre going for and I or someone else can help you out more.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

well my amp of choice is the 40.1 and i can find thoses for about $700-$800

hmm well if you can wait it would be interesting to see (1) IA 40.1 on (2) 15" IA Death Penaltys

that would be sweet

or

(1) Rf3000bd on (2) 15" Ascendent Audio Havocs

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

but tbh thats not much for just subs and amps...when some great subs are 550 ea

couldnt be more wrong. you can get a killer setup for 2800. hell for less than that and have some extra cash in pocket

I think they're sold out of the Mach 5's right now but I bet that trunks big enough for 4 15's. Look into the *** Icons. They're nice subs too.

MAN FOUR 15'S IN THERE WILL BE A DREAL COME TRUE...i think just three in the correct size box will fit....i know four sealed will work with a real tight fit but i want to go ported

MAN FOUR 15'S IN THERE WILL BE A DREAL COME TRUE...i think just three in the correct size box will fit....i know four sealed will work with a real tight fit but i want to go ported

I bet you could fit 2 boxes ea with 2 15's in it. And still go ported

logan those 550 dollar subs are like pure spl subs... he wants ground pounders... lvl 4's would be good... some bl's would be good... ummm watever subs gp2k2 has would be good.... thats a good budget for amps and subs... but we still have to take into account wiring, HO alt, materials... so we might be pushin it

tbh i never agree with that statement....re mt's...alot of people say there pure spl...but in the civic they freakin slap...steve used them in the tahoe too...lvl 5's can be used as music too im sure...just cause its "pure spl" dosnt mean it cant sound good in the right enclosure with the right power

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I think if you can get a 40.1 for 700, and get 4 12 Fi SSDs w/ bp option and flatwind for about $1000 that would sound nice. 3 subs just don't wire to the ohm you want as well, but I've heard of people going below 1 ohm safely on that amp- so you could run 3 Fi BLs at .67ohm. Personally I'd feel safer with the 4 subs, but I see more potential with the larger 3. Either setup would run about 1700, leaving you with 1100 for:

high output alternator (400ish)

batteries can run as much as you want, but could easily eat up the last 700.

Then you can build your own box and wire will run you a few hundred as well.

Good luck.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

there are people that can help you

but tbh thats not much for just subs and amps...when some great subs are 550 ea

LMFAO!!!! $2800 isnt much for just subs and amps!??!?!

Fuck I'll never be loud :rolleyes:

For $2800 you can get VERY loud. I'm not sure how much space you're willing to give up, or if you stated it or not... But if you're willing to give up your back seats, I'd look into 4 15"s of some sort.... AA Havoc's, Fi SSD's, Kicker L7's, Compvx's etc. Fi and DC are not your only options.

But if I ONLY had $2800 for JUST amps and subs I'd do one of the following...

4 15" Treo TSX's on a Kicker zx2500

4 15" SSD's on a Sundown 3000d

4 15" Havoc's on 2 kx2500's

2 18" Havoc's on a zx2500

That is all assuming you're willing to give up the back seat... If you're going to be running everything out of the trunk...

2 15" AA Mayhems (When you can get your hands on them) on 2 zx2500's

OMg lol, the list goes on

Good luck bro!

New project in the works ;)

Archived