Pros and Cons of a wall

Pros:

I literally just walled my Hoe over the Thanksgiving break, I have bruises all over my body, cuts all over my hands, and a lot of bumps in my head from getting out of tight spaces.

My back hurts, I can't close my hands very well, I have no grip strength left from cutting and crimping SHCA 2/0 my Hoe looks like shit from not having any trim or center console (Getting painted). I'm tired because I've only slept 5 hours in 3-4 days.

BUT...................................

When I got her playing, it made it all worth it, when my friend said it was the loudest he'd ever heard (Even though it wasn't up all the way because I'm still waiting on some batteries and the gains were low) it made it all worth it. When my other friend said it was "Aait" (He's a Hater) with an impressed look on his face, it made it all worth it

I haven't metered it and don't plan to, but I'm pretty sure I gained 5-8dBs

Cons:

I got used to driving without a rearview in an hour or so, If necessary, I wired my camera to turn on whenever I want it to.

Gotta drive a bit slower, but I'm a slow driver anyway.

No space, I have a little cargo space but not much else. I do plan to get a truck at some point to DD but for now the L@zy Hoe is my Daily.

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

I have more blind spot in my full size pickup with the travel trailer than in do with my wall. Certainly much worse in the box vans and boom trucks I drive regularly. With proper mirrors and paying attention, there is no such thing as a blind spot!

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

you swear people are going to use proper mirrors for blind spots on newer .. tell me who will put cargo van or truck mirrors on a tahoe

you think you will see a tahoe or escalade with mirrors like these

mirror4.jpg

maybe you are wording your post wrong.. there is such thing as blinds spots thats why you have to pay attention. paying attention does not take away the fact there are blind spots. they still exist.

plus full size truck that are made to haul trailers have whats needed to take care of that. tahoes or any other vehicle that are not made to haul trailer dont have the right mirrors

2015-gmc-sierra-2500hd-all-terrain-side-

op if anything add these to your mirrors it at least lets you see cars that are next to you

New-Driver-2-Side-Wide-Angle-Round-Conve

He said I only need the length to be 52" but I have 60" plus the regular width and height of the truck. These are ones he did on a Tahoe and I believe it will be the same style, but my rear area has the space to do it in the c pillar.

10801880_524610807641544_339755211499980

1454555_524610387641586_8427694172173061

10382847_524610167641608_158239003448449

10418950_524609890974969_415962931980118

1781939_524610587641566_7673800902542686

10505463_524609900974968_432232765927007

Refs 15 so far

skittlesRgood-SMD.com- sold a game to

Derrick824- SMD.com - ya boy got some decals

Tkitt21-SMD.com -traded for 2 BTL's

Hellbound Train-SMD.com -sold games to

NightDrifter05-CA.com- sold game to

ace_800-CA.com- Sold game to

vfrrider-CA.com- Sold Game to

luises14-CAC.org- Bought 2 BTL's from

BlackWaterOp-CAC.org- Sold game to

EricSteagall- SSA.com- Sold Hifonics 2610 to

that will only help to back up... again. im talking about blind spots. the rear is not the only blind spot. by the time you switch it on a car might have slipped by the blind side.. for daily commute i dont suggest it. for comps yes

if you have an suv and wall it behind the rear seats dont think it would block any blind spots cuz after rear seats its all blind spots till the rear window anyway isnt it?

You have a much smaller blind spot if you stay behind the rear seats. As has been mentioned you should be using your mirrors regularly so you're aware of who is behind and on either side off you.

its a balance between pushing extremes for spl and air movement while compromising stealthness... im sure some sq folk would argue that a wall isn't going to highten the sonic

experience anymore than a well built enclosure in an ideal environment. I personally would avoid a wall at all cost unless, as stated earlier, I was an active enthusiastic contester. I will

always smile upon the systems with unbelievable sound stage while remaining as invisible as possible! seamless imagery, like you cant see where the music is coming from!

A b-pillar wall, after a point, is the easiest and cheapest way to gain deebeez. You're reducing distance to the sound source and greatly decreasing the volume of air to pressurize; you are also reducing the losses from panels flexing by reducing the exposure of panels to your pressure. All. things being equal, one could expect 5-8dB gain with the same equipment just walled up at the b-pillar. Consider the cost of doubling power and cone area to get this.

Fair gains can also be had in a no-wall application sacrificing rear seats, or c-pillar wall sacrificing your cargo area and saving back seats (either I think would be equal in gains in a SUV type body style), though by my experience, there's only about 3dB to be gained there vs. just a box in the cargo area with the same equipment.

IMO when you have 6 18's you really don't have many options to run them all in correct air space with adequate port area without going b-pillar wall so either use half that cone area or prepare to go without back seats AND cargo area.

its a balance between pushing extremes for spl and air movement while compromising stealthness... im sure some sq folk would argue that a wall isn't going to highten the sonic

experience anymore than a well built enclosure in an ideal environment. I personally would avoid a wall at all cost unless, as stated earlier, I was an active enthusiastic contester. I will

always smile upon the systems with unbelievable sound stage while remaining as invisible as possible! seamless imagery, like you cant see where the music is coming from!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

I'd like to add a point about the sound produced by walls. Here in England we have a lot of cars on the propper droppers format (average of testing at 20,25,33 and 40) and a no wall (ie big box in a car with no back seats) have the most balanced scores. When you look at the distance needed for a sub 30hz wavelength to develop you see that walls cannot do "that" well at the silly lows. having the port at the back of the vehicle gives the wave the length to form. To put it very bluntly, yes a wall would peak stupidly louder and hit much harder but would drop off on the lows. A perfect demo of this is (http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/176011-1583db-34hz-1559db-20hz-official-1576db-24hz-sealed-6-sundown-zv4-12-subwoofers-3-sundown-saz-5000d-soon-to-be-4-19v-charge/?p=2857689)

I think the ultimate systems are C pillar walls, space for passengers and you get the lows, albeit at a reduced peak

Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!

Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/

New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards

Archived