Da Fuq needs super caps??? (anyone seen this??,.New lithium)

So,

some new "tech" coming down the stream.

Anyone else seen this ??

Lithium bat. Around 20lbs, and rated at 40ah. ???? lol. Dig it.

(also, the TFE is beast,.. period)

Im looking more into it, (maybe the man of Fade, will chime in more).. and trying to learn more... but.... DA FUQ ??

Yeah, TFade has been talking about it on Facebook today. Looks awesome. Price will be comparable to the same level of AGM batts, so like $800-1000 ish. Complete guess of course, but probably not far off. On the plus side, much smaller and lighter. I'd invest. Supercaps kinda scare me anyway.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

i wont play with anything that will burn hotter than the sun. I have no clue what protection they have in but lithium is NOT forgiving.

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Yeah, TFade has been talking about it on Facebook today. Looks awesome. Price will be comparable to the same level of AGM batts, so like $800-1000 ish. Complete guess of course, but probably not far off. On the plus side, much smaller and lighter. I'd invest. Supercaps kinda scare me anyway.

Ya bro.. this bat is 20lbs.. LOL.

And cost.. fuck... i dropped the old 2k plus on cells. Hell if this is keeping his TFE happy... hell... 2 would be MORE than fine for me... ya know???

And im again right with you.... Caps trip me out..... (please dont tell me this and that..lol. Andrew and slammin and others.... lol) i dont like em either

but, these.. these may just be the fucking answer..

i wont play with anything that will burn hotter than the sun. I have no clue what protection they have in but lithium is NOT forgiving.

wait wait..

can you explain more please??? Seriously.. i dont understand??????????

Are you saying if the cell lets go? or what? Please.... help me understand,.. cuz im a bit lost.

EDIT- and what protection does any cell have?????

And cost.. fuck... i dropped the old 2k plus on cells. Hell if this is keeping his TFE happy... hell... 2 would be MORE than fine for me... ya know???

And im again right with you.... Caps trip me out..... (please dont tell me this and that..lol. Andrew and slammin and others.... lol) i dont like em either

Ya know, to be honest, I'm surprised it took so long. LiPo batts for RCs have been around for a few years now.

And if you're not aware of what LiPo batts do when they go, hop on over to youtube. Plenty of horror vids there. Sensai is right to be worried about protection circuit. I would HOPE they have that worked out.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

Been toying with the idea of building my own. But they are $$$$$

Ya know, to be honest, I'm surprised it took so long. LiPo batts for RCs have been around for a few years now.

And if you're not aware of what LiPo batts do when they go, hop on over to youtube. Plenty of horror vids there. Sensai is right to be worried about protection circuit. I would HOPE they have that worked out.

Protection on a battery?? i dont under stand?

Learn me ?!

wait wait..

can you explain more please??? Seriously.. i dont understand??????????

Are you saying if the cell lets go? or what? Please.... help me understand,.. cuz im a bit lost.

EDIT- and what protection does any cell have?????

you touch the terminals on regular agm and you get big spark yes

you touch terminals on caps and its dangers mode yes

you touch terminals on lithium together and you go looking for a new car.. when lithium goes it burns hotter than the sun.. and its going to burn through any and evrything. XS was looking at doing this a while ago and its just to dangerous.. ill take my chances.

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Ah, these are Lithium Iron Phosphate. Don't know how that compares to Lithium Polymer that I was referencing. But they are much more sensitive to low and high voltage. Bad things happen if you overcharge. Again, they might have all that worked out and none of this even applies. I'm just speculating I guess.

Archived