JMac91 Posted December 5, 2014 Report Posted December 5, 2014 Oops.. cut off a little in the screen shot.. Height is 15 x 36 Wide x 24 Deep, Top and Bottom cuts 24 x 36.. Does this look good for a dual HDS312's box? I tried to get the tuning under 35 intentionally but didnt want to sacrafice too much port area. Got a good net area for these subs tho. Also wanted to add a V in the center of the back wall to somewhat guide air to the port coming from both chambers. Im not sure what I should add in displacement or how much displacement it would cause, it wouldnt be too big of a piece. Vehicle: 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t awd.Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470Doors: 4x Focal 6.5s/tweets (Adding)Sub: 2x Sundown Zv4 12's D1Amps: B2 Zero.1, MB Quart OA600.4Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.Battery: XS D3100, Block Shakers 110AHAlternator: 250A Excessive Amperage. All Sky High OFC Wiring. My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/
thefourth Posted December 5, 2014 Report Posted December 5, 2014 Needs more port and less net volume. What power are you running for your amp? Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
JMac91 Posted December 5, 2014 Author Report Posted December 5, 2014 Needs more port and less net volume. What power are you running for your amp? AQ 2200D, I think my alt is lower 100's. HC2400 Battery. Any other opinions? im going from an AA Mayhem 18 to these little 12s, I loved the mayhem. Vehicle: 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t awd.Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470Doors: 4x Focal 6.5s/tweets (Adding)Sub: 2x Sundown Zv4 12's D1Amps: B2 Zero.1, MB Quart OA600.4Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.Battery: XS D3100, Block Shakers 110AHAlternator: 250A Excessive Amperage. All Sky High OFC Wiring. My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/
juan777 Posted December 5, 2014 Report Posted December 5, 2014 Tune a little higher, more port. I actually think the box is a bit on the small side, I would be happy with 5-5.5 with that power The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
JMac91 Posted December 5, 2014 Author Report Posted December 5, 2014 Tune a little higher, more port. I actually think the box is a bit on the small side, I would be happy with 5-5.5 with that power aww more port.. ok but I wanted to tune it a little lower than the standard 35-37. Vehicle: 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t awd.Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470Doors: 4x Focal 6.5s/tweets (Adding)Sub: 2x Sundown Zv4 12's D1Amps: B2 Zero.1, MB Quart OA600.4Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.Battery: XS D3100, Block Shakers 110AHAlternator: 250A Excessive Amperage. All Sky High OFC Wiring. My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/
n8ball2013 Posted December 5, 2014 Report Posted December 5, 2014 you dont need to THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
JMac91 Posted December 5, 2014 Author Report Posted December 5, 2014 you dont need to Thanks, looks good as is then? Is there anything I should be concerned about, box related. Vehicle: 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t awd.Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470Doors: 4x Focal 6.5s/tweets (Adding)Sub: 2x Sundown Zv4 12's D1Amps: B2 Zero.1, MB Quart OA600.4Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.Battery: XS D3100, Block Shakers 110AHAlternator: 250A Excessive Amperage. All Sky High OFC Wiring. My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/
Joe X Posted December 6, 2014 Report Posted December 6, 2014 Oops.. cut off a little in the screen shot.. Height is 15 x 36 Wide x 24 Deep, Top and Bottom cuts 24 x 36.. Does this look good for a dual HDS312's box? I tried to get the tuning under 35 intentionally but didnt want to sacrafice too much port area. Got a good net area for these subs tho. Also wanted to add a V in the center of the back wall to somewhat guide air to the port coming from both chambers. Im not sure what I should add in displacement or how much displacement it would cause, it wouldnt be too big of a piece. For your reference, with your space I would do it as follows keeping your stated tuning, subs to rated power:
DubNDodge Posted December 6, 2014 Report Posted December 6, 2014 Lmfao. that's my box '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
DubNDodge Posted December 6, 2014 Report Posted December 6, 2014 Same subs, same power. Damn near same box.My specs, 15" h x 36" w x 22" deep. 18" port, 4.25" wide. Tuned to 35hz iirc.I have a port plug in now that lets me play down to do 25hz @ 142 This is the bandwitdh you'll have with that box. Might vary a bit if you don't have a stratass/sebring. (without the port plug and 7/8 full tilt) '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.