Sundown Audio

Richard Clark $10,000 Amplifier Challenge

Hotdog

I find it almost hard to believe that out of thousands no one has guessed the minimum to win.

But I don't doubt the point he's driving.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Well, I won't argue the claim until I test it myself. Im currently installing all Fosgate Power Series amps, so i'm going to locate the cheapest amps available with the same ratings, and compare the sound quality. All amps set with the dd-1.

Note: I didn't read all the long posts in this thread.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I find it almost hard to believe that out of thousands no one has guessed the minimum to win.

But I don't doubt the point he's driving.

Because you're just guessing based off what you think you hear which according to him there is no difference in the sound.

So based off that every one is just randomly guessing and doing so once or twice and being right when it's a 50/50 chance is doable but getting it right 24 times the odds are not very good.

And I doubt someone has ever bet him $10k for him to lower it to 6 guess's.

Still from a scientific point of view his results mean nothing because he didn't record them.

I would still not buy cheap ass amps because there is a clear quality difference but a sound difference who knows.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yeah but it can't be set with the dd-1 because he clearly states that they must be at the same exact power level and we dam well know that cheap amp isn't going to put out the same power as the Rockford.

I think the cc-1 would be needed for this so you could set the cheap amp then gain match the Rockford to it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yeah but it can't be set with the dd-1 because he clearly states that they must be at the same exact power level and we dam well know that cheap amp isn't going to put out the same power as the Rockford.

I think the cc-1 would be needed for this so you could set the cheap amp then gain match the Rockford to it.

I have a cc-1, as well.

The cc-1 only matches voltage, so how do we know that both amps are putting out the same power, at said voltage.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived