Guest Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 They'll handle the amp just fine, as far as the sound.. Build the enclosure around the type of music you listen to. Awesome! Thanks for the advice
bcbrassard Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 T1D412's are good speakers that can take 900 watts rms easily. There rated @ 800 RMS - 1600 Peak so at best you'll be given them 900 watts. Like everyone said... make sure its a clean signal to the subs and a enclosure built according to power and listening preference. I took my 2012 T1D412" and put the 1 ohm chip in it to run off my 2014 T1500bdcp. Birthsheet showed 1945 watts rms @ 1 ohm. I set my gains with my DD-1 and the sub took it. I wouldnt recommend doing it and i only did it for a few months but was very surprised the sub handle it. i was very careful not to pushing to hard to long. Subs in good shape and waiting for a better enclosure to be put into another build.
Desiel21 Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 I have a T1D210 which is rated at 600W RMS being pushed by a P500-2 bridged pushing 735W RMS.., handles it no problem. The sound from music play is awesome but I do have the gain turned down just a bit but it still slams for a single 10 and surprises most who hear it. n8ball2013, on 19 Dec 2014 - 02:33 AM, said: man seeing that dollar sign fucking hurt my feelings. they didnt cover it black out windows or add lube even My wife didn't like Decaf.. Until she sat on my subwoofer.
SQL50 Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 That's impressive, basically giving the sub double the power and it handling it.. Even if it was for short periods of time.. I'm so ready for my Sundown X series, like you have no idea.. But currently I have a P3D4-15 @ 2 ohms on a R1200-1D and it's handling it like a pro, which is rated @ 800 rms on a 600 rms sub.. Not even T1 series, and as everyone knows, prime amplifiers are underrated.. So I'm guessing 850-900 rms on music, so it's safe to say those T1's will handle that amp easily..
SQL50 Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 That's impressive, basically giving the sub double the power and it handling it.. Even if it was for short periods of time.. I'm so ready for my Sundown X series, like you have no idea.. But currently I have a P3D4-15 @ 2 ohms on a R1200-1D and it's handling it like a pro, which is rated @ 800 rms on a 600 rms sub.. Not even T1 series, and as everyone knows, prime amplifiers are underrated.. So I'm guessing 850-900 rms on music, so it's safe to say those T1's will handle that amp easily..
alaskanzx5 Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 Didnt read all this but wait until after CES. Rockford has some updates going in with the t1 line as my boss (RF dealer) has said. They will be releasing them/shipping the after CES. The updates are suppose to be both visual and cooling changes. Should handle the power better. While waiting to find out all the info research other companies. Lots if choices. Oh and a t1 could handle that 1500 at 2ohm a pair can easily handle the 700-800 you will get on music at 1ohm. Just make sure its a clean signal as said already. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
bcbrassard Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 Before i set mine up on double rated power i contacted RF and straight up ask them if there subs where under rated like there amps. I was told NO and to over power at my own risk. Peaks ratings are for music and very short periods. RMS of course is another matter. But it did it. I built confidence when i had it on a 99 T1000a1 bd in 1 ohm and that amp( which is rated stable @ 2 ohms ) rocked that sub with 12-1300 watts so i was like whats 600 more watts! lol Sub was like $210 off amazon so if i blew it oh well. But it took it! Funny thing is they are like $400 on amazon now. i wanted to get another and build a box for 2 to replace the HDS310s i am running now. But shit i can buy 2 Skar or sundowns for the price of one T1 so the old amp and T1 will go in the wifes car. Cant justify that cost for one sub anymore.
Guest Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 Didnt read all this but wait until after CES. Rockford has some updates going in with the t1 line as my boss (RF dealer) has said. They will be releasing them/shipping the after CES. The updates are suppose to be both visual and cooling changes. Should handle the power better. While waiting to find out all the info research other companies. Lots if choices. Oh and a t1 could handle that 1500 at 2ohm a pair can easily handle the 700-800 you will get on music at 1ohm. Just make sure its a clean signal as said already. Whoa awesome! When is CES?
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 I loved my Rockford subs so much I'm almost dumb enough to spend the $$$ when the new Power line comes out I really want one of those giant beast ass subs they had displayed. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.