Sonic Electronix

engine ground to chasis

I give as many grounds as possible. I figure it's going to travel the path of least resistance anyways so I'll just give it a few routes and it's going to take the one it wants/needs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Doesn't hurt to upgrade all the tiny ass factory grounds either.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i got this info from snafu

Now, think for a second about where your amps are grounded. Now, think about the return path
between the amps and the alternator - what exactly does that look like? Simple - amp to chassis . . .
chassis to battery negative . . . battery negative to engine block . . . engine block to cylinder head . . .
cylinder head to alternator bracket . . . alternator bracket to alternator. Hey, aren't there gaskets
between the cylinder head and block? Are those stock cables big enough?

And I seriously doubt anyone here has the knowledge or experience to attempt to argue otherwise with him.

Nope wont argue. But that's why a alt case or mounting bolt to fram/chassis works.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

just because the frame is grounded dont mean its a direct ground. direct ground would be the negative post on the battery.. the frame can also have bushings that can interfere with the path.. if you wire to the frame then from that same bolt to the alt then its almost the same as wiring it direct to the battery. but this time it will have to go through 2 runs of wire and 4 terminals that can also have resistance and not counting a few extra feet to run down to the frame and back up to the alt. on my impala the run to the battery is actually 2 feet. . im not saying the frame is a bad ground.. if done properly it can be more than you need.. just stating that the direct path would be the battery terminal not the frame.. either way its done is the correct way.

best direct path is battery to alternator not chassis to alternator. the frame is just a bridge for that path

10850302_775636639139934_871900284147614

1546239_775636609139937_4087403785554992

Battery negative is NOT ground. That's why it is called the negative terminal and not the ground.

I think you are confusing earth ground like in your house with the "ground" on your vehicle.

Archived