Releasing some tesnion and seeking advice.

Kind of a toss up, rebuilt takes longer and once he digs into the engine wasting time he could find the block is cracked and cannot be used. Also he could find things wrong with the engine resulting in more money than just buying another engine.

Another engine could have less miles but not sure how the other person took care of it. Days or weeks down the road shit could go wrong with the used engine resulting in more money and time wasted.

well it dont always work that way. ways to avoid that is going to a machine shop that already has the engines re built and you just gives them yours as a core. it saves at least a week of work. if his mechanic is good he can have it running in 1 day

finding a good mechanic is like finding a needle in a haystack, to many d-bags out there that will rip u off.

if his mechanic was good id do a rebuilt engine

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

ur lucky than lol i always hear stories and shit how ppl get screwed over by some mechanics. Must be my area idk.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

I have a great mechanic that handles my stuff when I have more money than time or don't have the tools for the job.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Well he called today to tell me I have a cracked piston. He stuck some sort of camera inside the spark plug hole, and he said that it definitely will need to be honed out. Problem is, it at least a 10 hour job to pull and strip the engine, not to mention the cost of parts. He also mention that if you're going to hone one, you might as well do them all, and if you're going to do hone them all, you might want to do a valve job, and if you do that, you might want to do lifters and the camshaft, and maybe some new pistons and blah blah blah where do you stop? Rebuilding is costly especially at $100 an hour.

All that aside, he said the swap is quick and easy, 10 hours of labor, and the plus is I keep the old engine that still has lots of good parts on it.

As far as the used engine deal, he buys off a company that specializes in GM engines and they scrutinize the engine from top to bottom. The engine is also matched a cording to the Vin number on my truck so that there's nor problem with injectors having a different resistance or wiring harnesses not connecting or something like that.

So it's a go. I'll definitely post when I get her back on the road.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Archived