VC Smell from lack of a sufficient electrical system or subsonic

Currently running a hifonics brx 5000.5 (actually does put out a true 1000 watts rms at one ohm) with a DC Level 3 15, with level 4 parts and the cone upgrade. 98 camry, stock electrical system. Interstate Batteries best agm battery ($280). Running knukonceptz 4g ofc wiring kit. Currently only running about 1200 rms out of the amp. Custom Box for the DC, 3.25 cubic feet, tuned to 30hz. Low pass is set at 70hz. There is no subsonic filter on the amp but from my understanding being tuned that low one is not needed. Set my gains with a smd dd-1, as well as I tuned it down incase the dc cant hold any more power than it is rated. Voltage stays fine unless at idle, at idle it drops to 11.5-12.5 volts when the sub is really moving (stays above 13.6 volts when rpms are above idle). If I play the sub at full tilt (again with the gain knocked down a little to account for the power handling) for 10-15 minutes I get a voice cell smell. The sub is been played well over 40 hours so I doubt it is the excess glue burning off. Any ideas what is causing the coils to burn? Voltage drop while at idle?

Dirty music?

To small of an enclosure preventing the sub from fully moving which helps cool down.

Voltage drop can put the amp under stress creating clipping

Did you adjust any sort of boost or sub level after seeing the gain with the dd1?

What track did you use? 0db,-5db, -10db?

Did you check the volume max unclipped volume? Pushing past that?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Probably thermal.

How do you know what youre getting out of your amp power wise?

I would also say that wiring is, or at least could be a bottleneck if you have 4ga running the whole way. Those effects could trickle down to the subs.

TO me it sounds like ur alt is starting to go. If ur voltage goes down to 11.5 at idle seems super low. Is that with everything on or with system on? I would upgrade that power wire from battery to 1/0 ofc ands do big 4if u haven't in 1//0 ofc as well. I would do wires and if voltage is still crap then get as ho alt. Singer, dc power, or mechman

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

what over lap (track) did you set with the dd1,

and do you know what your deck number clean is?

edit- also... rev the damn motor if you see better voltage at rev VS idle. Thats not rocket science.

that said,.. at 11plus volts, i doubt thats your "smell issue" .. just me..

Dirty music?

To small of an enclosure preventing the sub from fully moving which helps cool down.

Voltage drop can put the amp under stress creating clipping

Did you adjust any sort of boost or sub level after seeing the gain with the dd1?

What track did you use? 0db,-5db, -10db?

Did you check the volume max unclipped volume? Pushing past that?

wurd

I was lost after the pzrt in Parantheses

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You too?? I had to re-read it like 6 times.., and then just moved on with the rest of the story.

n8ball2013, on 19 Dec 2014 - 02:33 AM, said:

man seeing that dollar sign fucking hurt my feelings. they didnt cover it black out windows or add lube even

My wife didn't like Decaf..

Until she sat on my subwoofer.

You too?? I had to re-read it like 6 times.., and then just moved on with the rest of the story.

what do you mean?

he is just talking about the power out put of said amp.......

not to difficult. ...

what do you mean?

he is just talking about the power out put of said amp.......

not to difficult. ...

After re-reading it for the 9th time I finally saw the .5 for the amp which makes more sense. I was fast reading each time at a .1 enstead. Tracking like a train now. :Jim:

n8ball2013, on 19 Dec 2014 - 02:33 AM, said:

man seeing that dollar sign fucking hurt my feelings. they didnt cover it black out windows or add lube even

My wife didn't like Decaf..

Until she sat on my subwoofer.

Archived