VC Smell from lack of a sufficient electrical system or subsonic

I was lost after the pzrt in Parantheses

You too?? I had to re-read it like 6 times.., and then just moved on with the rest of the story.

what do you mean?

he is just talking about the power out put of said amp.......

not to difficult. ...

After re-reading it for the 9th time I finally saw the .5 for the amp which makes more sense. I was fast reading each time at a .1 enstead. Tracking like a train now. :Jim:

well.. im lost on what your saying

I think N8 was talking about the power (made power) made of said amp, ... (in paranthesses)

im lost about what your trying to join in on ?

and what about .5 ?

You too?? I had to re-read it like 6 times.., and then just moved on with the rest of the story.

what do you mean?

not to difficult. ...

After re-reading it for the 9th time I finally saw the .5 for the amp which makes more sense. I was fast reading each time at a .1 enstead. Tracking like a train now. :Jim:

I think N8 was talking about the power (made power) made of said amp, ... (in paranthesses)

and what about .5 ?

OK.., when I orginally read it I though it said a 5000.1D.., which would normally mean by most manufactures to be 5000watt rms amp at 1ohm. I was not catching it said 5000.5D which would mean it was a 4 channel with sub output amp which would make sense., so I was thinkning it was strange to see him say something like " (actually does put out a true 1000 watts rms at one ohm)" Not getting in on anything..,just miss read a key term that set me up for failure.

n8ball2013, on 19 Dec 2014 - 02:33 AM, said:

man seeing that dollar sign fucking hurt my feelings. they didnt cover it black out windows or add lube even

My wife didn't like Decaf..

Until she sat on my subwoofer.

what do you mean?

not to difficult. ...

and what about .5 ?

OK.., when I orginally read it I though it said a 5000.1D.., which would normally mean by most manufactures to be 5000watt rms amp at 1ohm. I was not catching it said 5000.5D which would mean it was a 4 channel with sub output amp which would make sense., so I was thinkning it was strange to see him say something like " (actually does put out a true 1000 watts rms at one ohm)" Not getting in on anything..,just miss read a key term that set me up for failure.

:hi:

edit- and the post N8 made.. had ZERO to do with any of that....

just a heads up... thats all..

I mean spite the fact, hes saying it wont do those numbers..... anyway...

My bad, been out with finals lately. The max unclipped of the deck is 32. I set my amp gains with the deck at 28. I used the -10db track to set the gains. I don't touch bass boost or loudness and I didn't adjust the sub level control either (except for setting it lower when the sub did start to smell). Should I of used the -5db track? The power lead shouldn't be to much of a problem, it wouldn't cause the voltage to drop from the alternator.............. Being that it is a 98 camry with a stock alternator. The alternator runs fine at idle if the volume isn't up too high as well as if im not running as many accesories (in the morning with the defrost on full blast with headlights on it causes the voltage to go lower than if its daytime with no lights/defrost). Somewhat of a dumb question but when the car is in park, no accessories running and the sub at full tilt the voltage doesn't fall any lower than 13.3. Is this due to the brake lights drawing power when im stopped at a light vs no brake lights when the car is in park?

Being that the alternator charges just fine when rpms are above 1000 would a secondary battery help with the excessive amperage deficiency at idle (since it would charge it fine when running higher rpms?)? Or would it just put an added strain on the alternator possibly causing it to go out?

I'll bet you're noticing that DC smell. They're one of the stinkier subs I've ever seen.

As said, did you set your head unit with the DD-1?

i have never noticed a smell but then again never paid attention lol

TO me it sounds like ur alt is starting to go. If ur voltage goes down to 11.5 at idle seems super low. Is that with everything on or with system on? I would upgrade that power wire from battery to 1/0 ofc ands do big 4if u haven't in 1//0 ofc as well. I would do wires and if voltage is still crap then get as ho alt. Singer, dc power, or mechman

Stock alternators have terrible idle output in general, op holds 13.6 reving, so the alt must be working, just idle is shit.

OP, the -10db track is going to make you clip if you listen to Decaf or something alike. Turn down the gain with the -5db track and you might not smell anything anymore.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived