Jump to content

LPF on HU


Recommended Posts

Posted

If I use the lpf (set to 80hz) on my hu for bass amp then where should I have the lpf set on my amp? all the way down? I want to use my hu for this because I do not have a cc1 to properly set at the amp

Posted

Turn your amp lpf all the way up (highest frequency).

CURRENT SYSTEM:

  • Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

 
Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db
Posted

if you got it set up on your headunit there's no need to set it on the amp too, just set it to around 80 or off if you can

Posted

Turn your amp lpf all the way up (highest frequency).

Okay so all the way up on amp and then I can control with HU? Youre positive?

Posted

no point in using to of the same filter so set it on the headunit and turn it off or all the way up on the amp

Correct. All the way up to me is preferred. Remember, you'll be adding the slope of the amp if you can't go to "full pass"

So your hu slope and your amp slope is combined. I like ALL PASS or up full.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1504 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...