Looking good man, I know that was a tight squeeze getting it all in there lol

yes sir, still have a little more to sand before it will fully fit correctly

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

looking forward to hearing it, I'm sure it will get plenty loud ;)

me too! still have a couple other idea under my sleeve as well :lol:

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

Awesome man! I've also got an 01 zx3. did you meter to figure out whether it was louder facing up or facing rear? or are you going that way because thats what fits? either way, looks great!

I heard that for that car, sub up port facing front driver side was one of the better test so far; even facing the port back may gain alittle more but I wanted to keep the back seats in for any extra passengers or groceries, plus I like the look, so I've decided on sub up port up, hoping to get at least a 145.0db

sweet sweet! Let me know how it turns out. I'm gonna be doing some testing on mine to see which is loudest.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Very nifty enclosure man, i like how you got creative with the space available.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

I've done both port back and port up. To the east port up was louder and played the lows a bit better imo. Never got the port up setup metered though.

I've read and been told port towards driver wheel well is best for spl in these cars.

I believe you can break a 145. I was just above 143 with 2 12s on 1500 and just under 143 with 1 15 on 1500. Both numbers were without my ho alt as it was being checked over by singer because I was having some issues. Only had a stock battery and 10 fared RF cap (helped keep voltage up a bit at the amp).

When you do the alt a second hand can help but isn't needed.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

credit goes to smoove for helping me with the box

did some ordering as well just now

oooh. I almost forgot too! speaking of HO alts

12209A2A-6A45-474B-B849-A07C841BBCD4_zps

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

Nice build! I have done sub and port both up in the same car before and the best score I got before I changed boxes was a 145.7, with 2 Nightshade 12's and a Crunch GP3000D. Once I changed boxes and went from a slot port to aeroport and did woofers up and port back the score jumped to a 147.8 with no other changes. I still think it will be loud the way you are doing it and for the space that you have it is probably the best configuration to go with and still be able to fit everything.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

• 1 month later...

Archived