Dayton Mids/ Tweets from PE - Opinions ?

SlamminBeats

I want opinions from people who have ran/ heard this Dayton 6.5

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rs150p-4-6-reference-paper-woofer-4-ohm--295-373

Is this driver going to give me decent Sq? Or am I wasting my time.

I wanted to run 4 of them with a pair tweets. Options below

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dc28fs-8-1-1-8-silk-dome-shielded-tweeter--275-075

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rs28f-4-1-1-8-silk-dome-tweeter--275-140

Replied to your PM.

Personally, I'd take a single 8" driver in the kick (vented to the outside of the vehicle) over a pair of 6.5" drivers in the door any day ...

Word to the wise ...

If you plan to go true SQ ... Stay out of the doors. Nitpicking rattles can be a real PITA ... Just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

The dayton drivers are really nice. I love their tweeters, actually easier to work with than even vifa.

depends on what you listen to of course but for detail and smoothness I usually look at SB Acoustics or Seas.

For bang for the buck and decent quality dayton fits the bill at the cost of a little bit of smoothness. HiVi is a nice option too.

Call me back when/if you see a difference.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Replied to your PM.

Personally, I'd take a single 8" driver in the kick (vented to the outside of the vehicle) over a pair of 6.5" drivers in the door any day ...

Word to the wise ...

If you plan to go true SQ ... Stay out of the doors. Nitpicking rattles can be a real PITA ... Just saying

Really, thats crazy/awesome! You do not use doors for speakers at all? Where do you mount them then? Is that a universal sound quality technique or is it just what you use in your setup?

Every application is different. That's why I like to study pics of vehicles before giving suggestions.

I like using Kick Panels for midbass when the airspace is available ... preferably 8" drivers. Well, 10" drivers would be best !!!

8, 4, and tweet ... 8" drivers in the kick, 4" and tweet in the dash / A-pillar area.

I've never seen anyone unhappy with Dayton. My next build will be using their subs.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived