Dayton Mids/ Tweets from PE - Opinions ?

SlamminBeats

My only real nitpick for speaker placement that I see a lot is putting tweeters/upper vocals in corners. This will drastically alter the response for frequencies based on spatial loading, diffraction and some other things I don't recall specifically.
Also, remember that you can't EQ acoustics.
Where is your ideal location ???
I have thoughts about working on my dash later but have alot more things to work on first. Mainly my midbass section.

This is one of the main reasons I haven't messed with car audio for so damn long.

My "ideal" location (for GM trucks) as of now would be to have them as close as possible to each other -I've even seen people cut out parts of the frames to get basically cone touching cone- and placed somewhere on the bottom third of the A-Pillar with a strong amount of acoustic treatment behind on the dash.

I would leave the dash completely free of speakers.

I know you had/have a build where you had both in an enclosure on the dash. That is pretty much nearing what I'm talking about.

I still like the vented lower mid/mid-bass in the kicks, but that is mainly because it starts getting hard to put stuff in places.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Cableguy helped me discover great Midbass in the kick panels last summer. I did it in my 03 lancer, which there is next to no metal or room. They turned out so good, and made such a difference with the 6.5" that i bought new kick panels and 8" drivers to redo this spring.

So i know the results first hand. Dont be afraid to try this. Thanks cableguy.

I am definitely a fan of infinite baffles, I just wish that we had the room to get dipoles in cars.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Cableguy helped me discover great Midbass in the kick panels last summer. I did it in my 03 lancer, which there is next to no metal or room. They turned out so good, and made such a difference with the 6.5" that i bought new kick panels and 8" drivers to redo this spring.

Your welcome.

Searching desperately to find time for my midbass

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

yea I wanted to put my mid and tweet up top off the a pillar but I have a stupid spotlight in my way. I am going to trying figure out something in the door like a tear drop shape now so I can get them inline.

Although the CAF video on doorpod fabrication I am worried about. I am going to be fiberglassing the whole damn car at this point.

Your welcome.

Searching desperately to find time for my midbass

I bet the new career is keeping you away from your hobby some. Just make sure you post pics of 10's in the kick panels in White Lightening. My sons build is next on his 94' and i know he has room for 8's but i would like to see how 10's would work. lol

I'm driving local now, just alot of overtime.

Yea, I have the apple and oranges out and trying to figure out the best way to go with the midbass ... Either way I go, you can bet that there will be alot of cutting metal and a ton of fabrication involved.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived