Second Skin Audio

Trying to figure of the specs of a sub.

8v fury

I have a 10" focal dvc subwoofer, that looks like it has either been reconed or modified. Is there a way to figure of the specs of the sub, so I can build the proper box for it. . I have heard that there is test software/hardware that can test the sub to get the specs. I live in Sacramento, California, so if there is anybody or place that I can take it to help me figure the specs out that would be great.

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power. 

the IM-SG can be used to find the subwoofer's T/S parameters. There are some cats in your neighborhood that may be able to help you out!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

A Dayton Audio DATS can be used too. https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dats-v2-audio-test-system--390-806

You might be able to find someone who has one.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Take a look at this, a way to go if you don't find someone to help you:

http://www.webervst.com/spkrcalc/para.htm

Basically you need a DMM (pretty cheap if you don't have one), the signal generator and frequency counter (shown in the figure) can be implemented with a smartphone app. If the added mass method for Vas estimation is not to your liking there's an alternative method using a sealed enclosure.

Archived