Sundown Audio

Strapped or gain matched?!?

CleanSierra

I think it's old so it's just buried pretty deep all I remember that AMI was in there discussing stuff. But Tfades balls. hahahaha

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Found it. use "site:stevemeadedesigns.com" at the end of your search on google. works wonders compared to this sites search
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/173028-why-people-not-like-strapping-amps/

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

AMI's response

If you understand ohms law, you will realize why strapping is better. Do some homework, I can't give all the answers, makes it to easy lol.

Ok I will give one reason, the best reason for why you should run strapped. It has to do with ACV and ACC, when strapped you run a much higher ACV, voltage is a good thing keeps stuff cooler. So since you are running a 2 ohm load, your ACV is much higher then running two amps at 1 ohm each unstrapped, meaning the coils run cooler. Due to higher output voltage and lower output current. This is due to shifted power curve since you are now running at a higher impedance overall.

That will be over some peoples heads, but strapping is better under the correct application. Just depends on why you need too and for what reason and goal you are trying to accomplish. Strapped does have cons too.

AMI's response

If you understand ohms law, you will realize why strapping is better. Do some homework, I can't give all the answers, makes it to easy lol.

Ok I will give one reason, the best reason for why you should run strapped. It has to do with ACV and ACC, when strapped you run a much higher ACV, voltage is a good thing keeps stuff cooler. So since you are running a 2 ohm load, your ACV is much higher then running two amps at 1 ohm each unstrapped, meaning the coils run cooler. Due to higher output voltage and lower output current. This is due to shifted power curve since you are now running at a higher impedance overall.

That will be over some peoples heads, but strapping is better under the correct application. Just depends on why you need too and for what reason and goal you are trying to accomplish. Strapped does have cons too.

Dude...

its not better.. at all.... there is no gain, besides wiring options.... period....

and..

over my head....... lol.. fuck...

Guess what, I'm gonna gain match and call it a day. Thanks guys, I appreciate all the replies ;)

wanna make out?

and would you "get over my head"? ;)

sloppy kisses

Aye aye captain :D

Only if you whisper ohms law into my ear

:peepwall:

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Not Sundown, But i had better luck going from my 2 AQ2200s strapped at 1.4, to gain matched at .7 each. Responce sounded snappier, clearer, cleaner, louder and lows were just a lot more nastier. If that helps anything at all. Huge noticeable difference.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Archived