CleanSierra Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 My friend is building a box for the earlier model 3 door Hatch and he squeezed like 6 cubes net. It didn't require any seat movement or anything like that. The year of the car is like a 2002 though. I'm not sure what the differences are from the 10 years, likely many. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 Don't zv3's like small boxes? Yes, they can do 4-5 cubes happily. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
MatthewBigBossWilliams Posted January 17, 2015 Author Report Posted January 17, 2015 I was trying to get more surface area. I know 18s in a tight space wont be all that great.
DubNDodge Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 You don't want to fold your seats down? You will loose substantial output with them up. Sounds half as loud with them up in my car. Haven't actually metered to it see the output lost, but it sucks I know that. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
CleanSierra Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 2 12s with be the better go. Many 12s would be very happy with 5 cubes. Go with 12s instead, it's close to same area as a single 18. 226" vs. 254". Subs and port up, aeros preferably. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
MatthewBigBossWilliams Posted January 17, 2015 Author Report Posted January 17, 2015 I already have a FI 15 SP4. I am weighing my options. The 15 has the same area as 2 12s
magillaru Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 That's what she said. *sorry, couldn't resist.....carry on Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 I already have a FI 15 SP4. I am weighing my options. The 15 has the same area as 2 12s The two 12's would have it beat for cone area 226 to 176. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
MatthewBigBossWilliams Posted January 17, 2015 Author Report Posted January 17, 2015 I already have a FI 15 SP4. I am weighing my options. The 15 has the same area as 2 12s The two 12's would have it beat for cone area 226 to 176. I thought the surface area for 15 was comparable to 2 12s? well thats fine I waas considering moving on from my 15 and putting 12s in. thats why i was looking for the advice. if the 18 didnt work i would keep looking for ideas
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 Cone area isn't always king. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.