Making Toyota Sexy - Crescendo, Rockford, Ascendant, XS Power, Mechman, Knu and More

Hello everyone, my name is Taylor. Some of you might know me as the guy asking too many questions on this forum. This is my first big build. (What I would consider big at least!) I am no professional by any means, but I aspire to make my work as clean and well done as I possibly can! Anyways, I finally have all the parts to start/finish a good chunk of my build, specifically the electrical. I am working on a 2003 Toyota Highlander Limited Edition; my goal is a solid daily driver setup. I will post pics as I go if you guys like and I am more than open to receiving constructive criticism. Here is an overview.

- Kenwood DDX771 Touchscreen Double Din HU

- Crescendo Mezzo Series 6.5" 2 Way Components (Bi-amped : Woofers in front doors, tweets in pillar)

- (2) 6.5" Crescendo Neo Forte Loudspeakers (Rear doors)

- JBL GTO509 5.25" Components (Woofers in pillar, tweeters not used)

- 12ga KnuKonceptz Kord Speaker Wire

- Lots of OFC Zero Gauge Knu

- Knu Fuse Holders, Fuses, Krystal RCAs, Ring Terminals

- XS Power D2400

- XS Power XP750

- Droppin Hz Toolmaker 4/0 Lug Style Battery Terminals

- Peal n Seal, Qmat and Rubberized Spray

- 240 Amp Mechman Alternator

- Stinger Volt Meter

- Techflex Fray Resistant

- Ancor Marine Grade Heat Shrink and Knu Heat Shrink

- Rockford Fosgate T1500.1bd

- Ampere Audio 125.4

- Kenwood Excelon XR400-4

- (2) Ascendant Audio 12" Chaos Subs (Subject to change)

- Custom Ported Subwoofer Box (Pending)

I have already deadened the doors, rewired all the doors with 12ga wire, installed all the door speakers (bi-amping the component set though), and done some of the power wire, remote wire, and rcas.

Here are the pics of what I have done.

20141213_215826664_i_OS.jpg

My custom speaker mount for the front. Looks ugly, thats just because I sprayed edge of mfl with rubber spray to waterproof it.

20141214_211353774_i_OS.jpg

Mezzo speaker mounted using MDF, ABS plastic and speaker rings from Mark CAF video. Worked amazingly.

deadening.jpg

Here is a before and after of my sound deadening. I also used plexi to seal off all the big holes. This pic is just peel n seal with rubber spray. I added an almost full layer of qmat on top of it afterwards. I do not have a pic of qmat. No issues with anything. None of it has come off. And the midbass response is way higher and ratting is significantly reduced. I have had the p/s on since this past summer. This pic has old speaker/tweeter btw.

20141213_215812476_i_OS.jpg

I put some Qmat on the door panels too.

20141214_211404989_i_OS.jpg

Neo Forte installed in rear. I was more lax about sound deadening on the back doors. The deadening was not 100% done in this pic fyi.

Out with the old! In with the new!! (Btw, any of you guys know how to change the title of a post? I realized someone else had the same title as me!)

20150117_152010679_i_OS.jpg

Yeah man, get your own title! Haha

Click edit on your first post > full editor > change title.

Looks good so far man. Tuned in!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Update!! :domodance:

20150118_195234801_i_OS.jpg

I successfully installed my first alternator! Bit of a pain, but totally worth it! I used Goodyear Gatorback belt and I have no slipping!!

20150118_212959766_i_OS.jpg

I also did the Big 3 and installed the XS Power D300. The main power run is not complete yet as I need to buy the correct fuses still.

20150118_213005524_i_OS.jpg

I think it is decently clean. I added a second battery to ground run that is not in this pic as well.

20150118_223246047_i_OS.jpg

I soldered all my connections, used Ancor marine grade adhesive-lined heatshrink and then used electrical tape.

20150118_210234510_i_OS.jpg

I also installed a stinger voltmeter. Pretty clean. I ran the wires to the rear, where the second battery will be installed.

20150118_212646719_i_OS.jpg

Voltmeter placed back in car.

20150119_014652756_i_OS.jpg

I also started on my relay setup. I did as much as I could outside the car. This relay is weird, the red wire is the ground, and the black wire is the 12v source. lol

Some one did some research before order

Nice choices and clean install

Good job!

Nice watching people come into the game and pick some solid gear no wasted money :good:

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Archived