Perks of going to COLLEGE.

OK since I doubt you'll do an ls1 swap let's meet half way, gtp motor.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It'll bolt to your Trans no problem gm liked to keep bolt patterns them same.

It's been done a couple times.

And yes its a supercharged 3.8 with forged internals.

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/showthread.php?30054-OMFG-it-actually-FITS

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 9 months later...

Update on the build.

The motor is out. Had to remove the driver's side motor mount to wiggle it out. My neighbor helped me.

Screenshot_20160515-171923_zps3kuyp0jh.p

My neighbor's engine stand.

Screenshot_20160515-171820_zps3deywktt.p

I stripped the motor. I found that cylinder 2's roller valve was FLAT!!! This led to metal in the motor. The bearing surfaces of the crank and cam took the brunt of it.

I had more pics but I had to delete them since due to space on my phone. The rod and crank bearing halves had deep scratches in them but did not look to have egg'ed themselves out of shape. The rods bearing surfaces look great. The cam had moderate pitting on the lobe surfaces. Hard to see in the pic. The guy said that the irratic idle 950-1000 rpm could be caused by a valve not opening/closing properly and the engine compensated for it with the idle to keep the emissions proper. Makes sense.

Screenshot_20160515-171729_zpscgnhdo6i.p

Block party time! I took care of a guy at work. On the way to ICU, I asked him what he did when he was in the work force just to distract him. Patients like that sort of thing. We chatted about the 3.8 I'm rebuilding. He told me "You really didn't have to drip it. A good degreaser and power sprayer can do the trick!". "Really?". "Son I was a mechanic for 40 yrs!". Ok he sold me on the idea. lol. I spent 1hr spraying her down with degreaser and a high powered nozzle. Good ol' Dex-cool sludge just kept pouring out. Took her to the shop and the shop guy said "motor's pretty clean and you want me to dip it?" "Can you get it clean...er and get rid of any sludge I couldn't reach?"......"yeah!" ...."than yeah dip it".

Screenshot_20160515-171702_zps7yav7ne2.p

There's a 3 wk backlog which is fine. The ZZP GT Cam I want to get is $324. The dipping, bearing replacement, honing, deglazing, etc will run me $248. Not bad.

I will need new #105 springs to go with the new cam $324. A new re-man'ed crank $185, new roller lifters $90, new push rods $90, and new o.e. spec rockers $200'ish.

Everything needs to be replaced due to the "low oil" condition the motor was in when I bought her worn EVERYTHING DOWN.

What I want it to sound like.......

-Frank

Just put a v8 in it, not worth it to put money in that v6, it'll sound like shit and still be slow.

idk, the semi built v6 is a pretty neat idea. Would make for a cool daily. There's a dude in lawton with a turbo'ed 3800 with some just mild work, on radials...it's a nasty street monster. hang's with cammed ls3 5th gens and 5.0's all day.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Maybe a shot of nitrous to surprise people. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived