Perks of going to COLLEGE.

Somebody needs to do those jobs that require hard work so you guys should be glad some of us are willing and able to do it.

And if you think going to college guarantee's a big paycheck you guys are going to be in for a big surprise.

That. My sister went to UT at 30k a year and makes 18 /hr.. I never went to collage and get paid more than that. To me, experience pays more. If youre at the ER with a life threatening injury, who would you like to work on you? The guy whos done it for 30 years? Or the new intern.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

^^ eventually the guy with college will be there 30 years (possibly) and the guy without started somewhere as well with little to no experience so that's kind of apples to oranges IMO.

not trying to argue, could care less. Surprised to see so many split opinions on this. Either way tuned in for a great build. Curious what the kid decides.

I never went to college. FYI

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

^^ eventually the guy with college will be there 30 years (possibly) and the guy without started somewhere as well with little to no experience so that's kind of apples to oranges IMO.

Not really the point I was trying to make lol, but saying at that moment in time, who's getting paid more? Both have same schooling, just difference in real world experience.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

If anything, Like i think i read, Have him take a trade class, HVAC, Welding, electrical. I took welding in a vocational school and liked it, Putting shit together is fun, So why not turn that into a job you'd love getting paid a hell of a lot to do also? Not only do you get a car out of it, you get an education in a good field that will make good pay, and can eventually make your own business out of if you'd like.

I was once young like this, and had the change to get good grades in school for a hatchback fox, I never gave a shit, when i turned 16 i drove a 300$ plymouth voyager around, hence Soccer Mom SPL. I'm 20, I've got a foxbody now, after working for it myself, 3 other crap vehicles later, But he'll realize later on, Damn, i should of listened and followed through, Could of bettered myself, and got a motivation gift on top of that! You can only care and do so much, You've thrown the options out there for him, If he's willing to pick it up and work with you, right on, If not, Its no sweat off your back, you got yourself a car to have some fun with. You tried to better him. Not many people out there have people willing to do that for them. Just my little thoughts on it is all.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Hard to believe this guy is worth a few mill! If I am not mistaken, he is wearing a Breitling watch. He was nice enough install my tires himself. But man these run-flats were a pain to put on. I've known him since we were teenagers.

IMAG0606_zps620293ee.jpg

The wheels look tough as hell, and the fitment is perfect. The only thing is they look like rubberbands. I was not able to definitely find what people

ran with these 18x10.5. I kept reading 35 and 40 series. I found these run flats 275/35/18. But obviously, they are too low. I have 265/45/18 on the Jimmy with 9.5" Deep Dish wheels and I like the height alot better. Will have to let these runflats.......run flat before I change them again. lol. Still look tough though!

IMAG0609_zps66771149.jpg

No I ran into a problem that appears to be from the factory!

The driver side wheels studs are too short!

IMAG0611_zps8c707ae5.jpg

The rear passenger wheel studs are 100% fine.

IMAG0613_zpsd4789119.jpg

Next on the agenda will not be the wheels, but the differential. When the axles are removed I will have to go to a used parts place

and buy a used axle with the same stud length. So no bid deal.

Next to do today is The BIG 3. Courtesy of an older BMW 525i or 530i sedan 1 gauge wire from LKQ. Best $10.00 I have spent so far!

I made another thread about junkyard having decent wire for systems as opposed to the name brands that are out there.

No CCA for me. Ofcourse my thread got bashed. Whatever. It's the internet. lol.

Installed the an Old School Rockford Fosgate fuseholder I had.

IMAG0615_zpsbe04824d.jpg

IMAG0621_zps70c2a32a.jpg

Well, that is it for now.

-Frank

Very resourceful

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Your thread got bashed because you said all the car audio wire companies sell inferior wire compared to that top of the line bmw wire.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'll be a good boy if you'll.be my daddy! haha

makes me miss my z28,my rs, my firebird 3.8L, and my 2000 Trans m ws6. love my F bodies!

I've owned 6 different Pontiacs besides the ones listed. have 2 grand prix right now. a gt and gxp.

tuned in... should have got a firebird lol

So AJ is 2 ID 12's enough for the Fbody? I know SQ does not move air like SPL but I was hoping for alittle more "umph!".

I do have other subwoofer options. These are what I was going to put on Ebay to sell and make $ to pay for this venture like I did with the Jimmy. The Jimmy is paid for fully. I paid myself back for the initial vehicle purchase, and all the goodies where paid for with ebay sales. So net cost was zero to fix her up.

2 American Bass XD 12's

2 Phoenix Gold Elite 12's!!!

2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's (His to install)

2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 10's

1 Rockford Fosgate T115D2.

-Frank

it's actually really easy to make those cars loud. just as long as you build the box. those shity prefab that drop into the T-tops spot are F'ing junk!

2 12s on anything more then 500ws gets damn loud in them. my first f body came with a w3 10 on a jl 500/1 And it was damn loud. i swapped it all out, but still damn loud.

the biggest issue with them is all the damn plastic in the back. like where the very rear speakers are, the spare tire.. all that plastic rattles like a Bitch. best thing I've discovered to stop it is applying deadner to the under side of the plastic, foaming where possible and where they interlock very thin weather stripping. i know it seems like allot but the rattle is just so bad!

I've done so many builds in these kinds of cars, so pm me if you run into anything.

also running power wire, passenger side 6inches right from the center console about a foot up. easiest spot to get into from the motor side. also the hoses get really hot on them. more then most, so avoid where possible. I've had 0g melt on my 3.8L firebird. luckily it didn't touch metal, only the hose.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff