Sonic10 Posted January 18, 2015 Report Posted January 18, 2015 Thinking of putting a plexi window on the box im working on. Is it going to be negative for the sound waves? It will be mounted inside the box. What's your experiance? Chrysler Stratus DD Cs 6.5 DD A2 ZV4 12 DD M1c 1/0 Gauge SHCA
kirill007 Posted January 18, 2015 Report Posted January 18, 2015 Realistically, it won't make any difference whatsoever for the frequencies used in a subwoofer enclosure. Just make sure to get atleast 1/2inch thick plexi glass, 3/4 would be ideal depending on what subwoofer we are talking about and the power going to it. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 18, 2015 Report Posted January 18, 2015 Yup, I recommend 3/4" thick stuff if you can. I get mine from estreetplastics.com "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
gckless Posted January 18, 2015 Report Posted January 18, 2015 Yup, I recommend 3/4" thick stuff if you can. I get mine from estreetplastics.com This. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
SIDE SHOW Posted January 19, 2015 Report Posted January 19, 2015 how are you going to mount it to the box? I've seen a few done this way but all seem to have issues with the plastic/glass vibrating against the box at higher volumes
Sonic10 Posted January 19, 2015 Author Report Posted January 19, 2015 Going to use bolts and nuts to mount the plexiglass and use silicone as glue Chrysler Stratus DD Cs 6.5 DD A2 ZV4 12 DD M1c 1/0 Gauge SHCA
Soccerballzs Posted January 19, 2015 Report Posted January 19, 2015 I used 1 inch thick no screws needed on mine used sealtape on mine. Check pics in vehicle log. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.