05flareside Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 I've got a 2005 regular cab f150 with a high performance PSI Platform 2 12 in right at 3 cubes and currently have crappy mids and highs now. I would like to have mids and highs that can keep up (also have good SQ) and wasn't sure to go with a pro audio style or component sets. I plan on getting an amp to power them as well and budget for the amp would be around 300 and around $200 for the mids and highs
dolarbilz Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 Are you good with fiberglassing? Look into 3way comps..glass tweeter and mid in a-pillar..all you need is a nice 2 channel amp you can find those fairly cheap. I picked up some PPI 3 way comps for 235.00..haven't heard them but a member here recommends them for the price.kingsuv his name.He is a sq guy..
SIDE SHOW Posted January 21, 2015 Report Posted January 21, 2015 Decent pair of components would keep up no dramas...... throw as much pwr to them as you can , and tune from there
05flareside Posted January 21, 2015 Author Report Posted January 21, 2015 I've never done anything with fiberglass myself, but have helped some with non audio projects (patching a boat) and thank you both for the responses. Also I will look into the 3 way component sets
nutella6996 Posted January 21, 2015 Report Posted January 21, 2015 go with crescendo or ct sounds highs and mids -SPANKYWANKY
Guest Posted January 21, 2015 Report Posted January 21, 2015 If you just want your mids/highs to keep up, then go with pro audio gear like Crescendo PWX/FT1, stuff like that will def get loud. But if you want better sound quality, sometimes at the cost of a little loudness (not always though) get a component set. I wouldn't bother with a 3 way component unless you want to reallyyy make a decent sq setup, but that also takes more time/knowledge to do.
dolarbilz Posted January 21, 2015 Report Posted January 21, 2015 I see a lot of 3way that are not sq..mine is 3way no were near a sq build .but sounds really good and gets loud...
MrSkippyJ Posted January 21, 2015 Report Posted January 21, 2015 go with crescendo or ct sounds highs and mids or any of the other hundreds of brands out there. personally I wouldn't use either of those. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Guest Posted January 22, 2015 Report Posted January 22, 2015 go with crescendo or ct sounds highs and mids or any of the other hundreds of brands out there. personally I wouldn't use either of those. For his price range there are not a ton of options though. I mean maybe a pair of JBL comps or somthing but $200 bucks for mids/highs won't get you much more.
White Lightning Posted January 22, 2015 Report Posted January 22, 2015 I've got a 2005 regular cab f150 with a high performance PSI Platform 2 12 in right at 3 cubes and currently have crappy mids and highs now. I would like to have mids and highs that can keep up (also have good SQ) and wasn't sure to go with a pro audio style or component sets. I plan on getting an amp to power them as well and budget for the amp would be around 300 and around $200 for the mids and highs For your application ... In that particular truck you would be good to have a 6.5" coax driver in each door location with some good sound deadning and strong 2 channel amplifier ... Your drivers should be high enough to where external tweeters would not be needed. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.