In my garage while its 24 degrees and snowing outside!!

Getting work done as always, but it's getting apperent that this adhesive I'm using won't be enough on its own):

Should I be looking into some clear caulk or epoxy??

I'm using weld-on #4 right now.

A5eHUN0.jpg

eZCbJLa.jpg

JtRWRsH.jpg

dtFf6aE.jpg

Not sure if it's the same thing but the guys on tanked build fish tanks out of plexiglass and the adhesive they use actually "melts" the two pieces together.

Yeah that's what weld-on does. Then again my cuts aren't perfect, i could really use a table saw hahaha. I think it's because of this imperfect contact between pieces and I'm just applying it via paintbrush.

Work keeps gettin done!! Got a hold of a syringe, and went around all the seams and got them completely sealed, so hopefull for this finished product! im really starting to see it come together.

OwoLzN4.jpg

GZU456f.jpg

CjjDzLH.jpg

XyKK7zD.jpg

That's badass, see through enclosure FTW!

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

I've got some experience using Weld On 4. I'm shocked you tried it without a syringe...

I'd run a router along all those outside edges, with a gentle bit. Just to take the edge off. Then hit all the edges with a quick blow torch for polish. I too am a little worried about the overall integrity of the enclosure with 1/2" materials, in a vented design no less. Already built. Guess we'll see. :spiteful:

It should go without saying, but you'd better be darn careful of that enclosure sliding around your trunk/other items near it. It's going to scratch easily and your sweet looking box could turn to a POS real friggin quick.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Almost done with the structure!! probably should have heeded y'alls warnings about bracing, i just couldn't wait any longer to hear this thing, so i threw the sub in and let it bang. This puny 12 is about to shake this box apart! As far as adhering the seams and sealing them completely, i haven't finished. The adhesive is tearing apart my syringes, and i've ran out haha. But i haven't given up!!

F3oUGTb.jpg

erIwRTO.jpg

Hope it works out for ya, When building aquariums we like to use a thicker cement like weld on 16 #4 will work though. running all edges with a flush trim bit before hand ensuring a tight bond . and also using guitar strings in between each joint while adhering..Looks good though. You can still brace it with triangles, it probably wont look the best but will serve it purpose. Can u get more from work ? lol

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Archived