aculous Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 http://therecordingrevolution.com/2013/10/18/dont-try-to-be-the-best-try-to-add-value/ So I was reading through this as part of my research because I want to make a career change like a lot of people. But it hit home and I think highlights something I have learned after 15 years in the work force. I worked a ton of different jobs, house painting, best buy, 4-star restaurants, government, contractor, banks. Well the idea of locating a need and filling that need is extremely important; that creates value. Thats why a lot of people who go to college and expect to get paid out the ass with no experience are missing the point and not understanding the real world. Someone who has no experience or training is of low value to the company, the best companies will see that as a starting point where they will build that person up and see it as a cost of growth. Most of them will see a new employee with little to no experience as a drain on profit margin and a hassle. The world in general keeps moving because of supply and demand and moreover money. No one is going to pay you to do something just because you studied, in general (most bachelor degrees) for a couple of years. Find a niche or a job that people NEED first, that you can do and be happy doing. You don't have to be the best at it, just proficient and if you care about what you are doing you will BECOME great at it because you want to put out a good product whatever that may be. And if you have no integrity well...I dunno how to help you. Add value where ever you work and people will notice and will reward for that. Also by the same token, everyone is losing money or not making as much right now, be able to figure out what managers or bosses are trying to help but can't and which ones just found a way to deny you a raise. It goes to the culture where you work and whether you should get out or not. Hope this is helpful in some way to someone.
Mtnbikecrazy55 Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 Nice post man. I hate long signatures.... ...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head... Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback
Skullz Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 Just ask best buy about all those young happy smiling faces with no experience how well they have done. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
LT.Smoke Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 Moved to off topic... I was feeling nice for once Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
aculous Posted January 28, 2015 Author Report Posted January 28, 2015 Moved to off topic... I was feeling nice for once haha thanks, yea I didn't really know where to put the post.
aculous Posted January 28, 2015 Author Report Posted January 28, 2015 Just ask best buy about all those young happy smiling faces with no experience how well they have done. yup, kids get wrung out to dry there.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.