Second Skin Audio

15" or 18"

Go-N-Def

I'm looking to buy soon. I can actually afford either also have the room for either. I've been watching videos on YouTube and forum searching and it seems the 15" sp4 is all I need but a majority of the people will say go bigger it you can. Besides more conearea what can everyone add for going with an 18. Give some fact, proof, or other persuasive Info. I'm in a ford explorer. I'm using a sundown 3k.

What else I noticed is everyone tunes 18's so low are the good for regular music or just demoing.?

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

those are very reputable woofers...and I think you could fit 2 (in the future if that is something youre considering) so...id say rock the 18! B)

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

space, power, and possible upgrading seem to be the three main factors on what size sub to use. music preference? if youre a slayer/metallica fan, maybe the 15, but if you dig all the decaf and slow and throw music...rock the 18...other than more cone area=more air movement...I really don't have a deciding reason to go for the 18. that woof can take some juice, so make sure the elec. is all up to par!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Archived