Sundown Audio

trading 2 soundqubed 2200's for taramps8k?

akaak

Basically I want a little more power to my hdc315s. They take a sq 2200 each with ease and are begging for more. The amount of money I was offered for my 2 amps, I can buy a taramps 8k. Both of my amps are in 9.9/10 condition cosmetically and mechanically. I've had them for 3 months and they've never even gone into protect once. Not only are they power houses but extremely reliable. Is it worth switching for a taramps 8k? I really like the fact that I can hit 153.8 DB in my daily on music and that I've had no problems what so ever since I did my major install. I'd have to add an extra battery to my bank but I could live with that. Worth it? Or should I spend my money on upgrading my front stage... ( money spent on battery=320 ish vs new pro audio setup)

To be honest, I was shocked I hit 153.8 on music. I have a 2008 honda fit sport with a shit ton of sound deadening in it. 10 cu ft box with 2 inverted hdc315's tuned to 32 hz. They're on 2 strapped 2200 s at 2 ohms supposedly making "4400 rms" that's quoTed because of box rise, etc. But I tried playing a 40 hz test tone on a rockford fosgate cd and couldn't get over 152.0. Then I tried playing some decaf and songs that I regularly listen to that I know get loud and they hit 153.8 db. I was revving my car to about 2k rpms so that my alternator was making full power and I started clipping at 13.8v and that's when I hit 153.8.

No reason to post proof. I'm here to learn and get help, not lie and bullshit with you guys, i have better things to spend my time on. Like learning ways to improve, which I'm trying to do.

then don't post bullshit like that if you can't prove it...just stick to the subject(s) you are trying to learn and improve on...if you can prove me wrong then I'll gladly STFU... :good:

how did you get that score?

what did you use.. a termlab?

i have 2 mayhems 18's on a DC 5.0k and im only getting 148.8.. you should be out there competing

You guys need to chill.

:werd_msword:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Will all realize that all builds and cars meter differently right?

And who knows how it was metered and where?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived