brent379 Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187809-hdc3-hdc4-optimum-enclosure-size/?fromsearch=1 that link should give ya some good info. I ran my 12s in 5 cubes tuned around 35, found out it was a bit too small after it was all said and done. It played down to 28 wit with authority but really shined mid 30's through the 40's. what kind of power did you have these on????
Borris The Blade Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187809-hdc3-hdc4-optimum-enclosure-size/?fromsearch=1 that link should give ya some good info. I ran my 12s in 5 cubes tuned around 35, found out it was a bit too small after it was all said and done. It played down to 28 wit with authority but really shined mid 30's through the 40's. what kind of power did you have these on???? The Sq 2200.1. I had the older model hdc3s but I could tell they wanted more. It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.
brent379 Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 ok cool. you said you though 5 cubes was still a tad small....but I got quite a bit more power then you had on them so im hoping 4.5-5 will suffice.
Borris The Blade Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 ok cool. you said you though 5 cubes was still a tad small....but I got quite a bit more power then you had on them so im hoping 4.5-5 will suffice. You should be fine if you have the new style subs. The older ones had a stiffer suspension on reason why they need larger air space then the new ones. It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.
jessdabest77 Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 I have two HDC3 15's,which I'm trying to sell,but have ton's of experience with this brand.They will play low,but not as great and loud as tunned higher,that's from experience.They will take power,but lower tunning,I would not go lower than 35Hz.
brent379 Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 really? so basically, tune higher, but since the suspension is so stiff they wont unload under tuning?
sbg Posted February 12, 2015 Report Posted February 12, 2015 I had the old style basket SQ hdc3 12s in my car for some time,on a 3700.1 In 5 cuft net tuned to 35hz. With 2 6" round ports. Sealed of trunk, it got loud and sounded sick. Would play 28Hz up to 48Hz strong and 30Hz to about 36Hz was the loudest in my car. I was setup with a DD1 and still could my subs stinky on my 3700.1(12v rating) So I'm not all that sure about when people say they ask for more power... Like others have said they like high tuning from 35 up to 40Hz. And 5cuft net is perfect for a pair of 12s on 4k of power. Vid of my setup. Hdc3 12s: 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
brent379 Posted February 12, 2015 Author Report Posted February 12, 2015 Damn dude that shit was gettin it! Kind of funny because right now I'm running basically the same set up, just waiting on the woofers. Everything facing forward and sealed off. I was originally running 2 6" aeros, but went down to one. When I get the hdc's I'll go back to 2 eventually. And I got a 3.5k at .5 nice vid tho! Some intense windshield flex for 2 12s from a trunk lol
sbg Posted February 12, 2015 Report Posted February 12, 2015 Damn dude that shit was gettin it! Kind of funny because right now I'm running basically the same set up, just waiting on the woofers. Everything facing forward and sealed off. I was originally running 2 6" aeros, but went down to one. When I get the hdc's I'll go back to 2 eventually. And I got a 3.5k at .5 nice vid tho! Some intense windshield flex for 2 12s from a trunk lol Ya I sold the hdc3 12s and went to all Orion equipment.(shop I work at is Orion dealer) Have not had it on the New setup on the meter but it's a lot lot louder to the ear then the hdc3 were. And the hdc3 12s did a 150.4db. I just put the order in for the new hcca 11k amp So,shits about to get real. Pics of new setup. 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.