Woofer Wiring Difference?

OrionStang

If you are running at a 2 ohm stereo load, and have adequate wire grade, then there should be no problem setting up your wiring configuration within the door panel (option 1) and running a single wire (per side of the vehicle) to the amplifier.

Wish you would have a single 8" driver at a 4 ohm load setup, But that's just me ...

They'll sound just fine at 2 ohms. They are only playing 60-250hz.

I will need your help with my dash pods, Ill get some pics tomorrow sometime to go with my questions.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Ok

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

12g is fine up to about 1500w on music. 1500w sine wave might cause some burned carpet though

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Ok

I just sent out a price inquiry for some Hertz 8's. The stats show they can play 32-400hz, and would get over 200 watts each.

Damn you LOL.

Your welcome. Replied to your PM.

Please post pics of your dash / a-pillar area asap for me to study.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

i had all 4 of my 8's wired like the top pic, for a 1.3 nominal load.....

i added another run, to see over a 2ohm load now... and honestly, i hear no diff.... that said, im running shit PA gear... :unknw:

I COULD tell a bit of power loss wiring higher though.... to be expected.... but, i still have gobs of head room.

Ok

I just sent out a price inquiry for some Hertz 8's. The stats show they can play 32-400hz, and would get over 200 watts each.

Damn you LOL.

Your welcome. Replied to your PM.

Please post pics of your dash / a-pillar area asap for me to study.

Sent you some pictures.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived