Sundown Audio

AQ 200.2 wiring

vitochelopez

Ok so I have a pair of Massive Audio Summo 6".5 subwoofers, they 4ohm SVC. I have the AQ 200.2 amp for them, which is 220x2 4ohm, 420x2 2ohm and 680x1 mono or 4ohm bridged. My question is what would be correct way to wire my subs to get the 4ohm 680x1? Is it possible or do I have to wire just standard positive negative posite negative in amp inputs and get your standard 4ohm lod of 220x2?

I wired subs together to get a 2ohm load and then wired to amp in bridge mode and amp got real hot quick, I think that was 2ohm bridge which am is not equiped to do it can only do bridge at 4ohm? So i un-wired the subs from 2ohm and just ran both subs separately to amp and placed both negatives together and both positives together in bridge mode but amp still got hot?

I wired subs together to get a 2ohm load and then wired to amp in bridge mode and amp got real hot quick, I think that was 2ohm bridge which am is not equiped to do it can only do bridge at 4ohm? So i un-wired the subs from 2ohm and just ran both subs separately to amp and placed both negatives together and both positives together in bridge mode but amp still got hot?

run each speaker to each channel, you are still wired in 2 ohm...

run each speaker to each channel, you are still wired in 2 ohm...

What do you mean. Wire them how? If i run each speaker to a channel each then they are at 4ohm each since they are 4ohm speakers right. How do wire them to get a 2ohm load without harming amp?

The only way to get a 2 ohm load with them subs is to run them parallel and only use 1 channel for 340 watts. Which if that is the case just run one sub per channel and get 220x2 @ 4ohms. If you do run parallel and then bridge the channels, each channel is actually seeing a 1 ohm load.

The only way to get a 2 ohm load with them subs is to run them parallel and only use 1 channel for 340 watts. Which if that is the case just run one sub per channel and get 220x2 @ 4ohms. If you do run parallel and then bridge the channels, each channel is actually seeing a 1 ohm load.

Did you not read what he did? He is running the speakers at 2 ohms...the amp got hot, so he needs to run each speaker to each channel, no bridging...unless OP you get another set of speakers which will give you options on wiring them down to 1 ohm bridged or 2 ohm per channel....so two sets of 4 ohm speakers wired in parallel will give you 2 ohms (each set wired to each channel for a load of 2 ohms) or wire both sets in parallel for a load of 1 ohm then wired bridged to amp...

OP, you have two subs and a two channel amp. Just wire one driver to each channel.

yeah, he didn't understand what i posted earlier, he still wants a 2 ohm load....

My question is what would be correct way to wire my subs to get the 4ohm 680x1? Is it possible or do I have to wire just standard positive negative posite negative in amp inputs and get your standard 4ohm lod of 220x2?

there is no correct way, you need either 2 more single 4 ohm woofers to wire all 4 at 4ohms bridged.

or you need 2 new woofers that are either single 2 ohm, or dual 4 ohm.

You can only wire it 1 woofer per channel for the 220 by 2 at 4 ohms.

Archived